Best sounding CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome, I have had AFE in the past on my SRT Jeep... was a nice design. I want to get the most turbo sound but not trying to heatsoak the engine in 5 minutes with bad design for sound lol.

You definitely won’t have heatsoak as the intake still uses the “ram air” portion of the OEM intake tube. It’s just not a fully-sealed intake if you’re the type of person who off-roads regularly.

Let us know if we can help get you setup!

Really had to dig to locate where I read this:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/1320369/

Hope that clarifies my post.

Very much so. Appreciate the link, this is very informative. Thank you!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the AFE momentum GT intake. Sounds fine, pretty quiet, but it is a pretty straight shot from the grill to the filter, and therefore the filter gets very dirty. If I hit a mudhole the filter itself literally gets hit with mud, which isnt ideal. A little different shape in the incoming air scoop might let the mud hit a wall before it hits the filter.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more open style intakes will give you the most volume, however, the open intake is more exposed to water and debris.

The AFE Magnum Force will be the loudest intake on the market with a good chunk of turbo whistle.

Just a reminder, some CAIs require a tune to not have a CEL. Whipple and COBB both require a tune.

If anyone is looking for a COBB CAI or wants to go with the COBB Stage 1+ Kit, please reach out as we have them readily available.

Additionally, we have an array of other intakes in stock as well.

^ This. Depends on your Raptor intentions; if you are only looking for sound and street use your truck, an open box will give you more sound. If you offroad your Raptor, a closed box is a better option.

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
I have the AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 on my Raptor. Just today, I had to change the driver side turbo inlet pipe due to the previous owner breaking a sensor piece. I took the hood off of the intake and it's noticeably louder. I have nothing to compare it too as the Raptor came with it, but it definitely sounds different.