GEN 2 AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E Daddy Dog

Reaction score
Just got one ordered, love the looks of it, got a black powder coated type, and have a few questions. I own a 2020 completely stock. Only a catch can. On a trip told my fiancé the truck was running warm so I could splurge for the intake. . If anyone has any experience with this intake I appreciate the help. Will it breathe better run cooler and sound better? After removing the stock intake did anyone remove the turbo blades “turbo silencers” in the intake before installing the AFE intake? If so would it cause it to throw codes or cause damage? I’m looking for a little more sound and let it breathe better. Also with the vacuum hose insert that you have to place notch faced towards the driver side turbo has anyone had any issues throwing codes with that? Final age long question, but gotta ask, does adding an aftermarket CAI void the warranty. Thank you guys for the insight and I really do enjoy this forum. Here’s a pic of the beast. Still love this truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0950.jpeg
    IMG_0950.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’ll get more sound from the aftermarket intake, but that about it. Do not remove the swirl generators in the intake tubes; they are there for a reason and removing them can set DTCs.

The intake doesn’t void your warranty, but any issues it could potentially cause are non-warrantable. So for example if the filter didn’t seal properly and the engine ingested dust/dirt/contamination, the repair is not covered under warranty.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the intake. I noticed the ever so little difference in sound and throttle response. I just did it to dress up the engine bay. You can do the VTA mod/poor man’s blow off valve and then you get woosh noises under load.