Best Raptor R (5.2 V8) Oil and Oil Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrwp2022

Reaction score
Coming up on 1000m and want to perform oil change. What’s the best oil and oil filter out there for the 2023 Raptor R?

HookEm

Reaction score
I bought two cases of Amsoil Signature, so that's my plan when I eventually do my first oil change. I also bought several of the upgraded Motorcraft oil filters (PN FL2087). Interested to hear what others are doing.

OP
OP
J

jrwp2022

Reaction score
So I saw, posted in another forum, that Amsoil Signature Series is not API certified. Wondering, does anyone how this plays into warranty of the vehicle?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
s
So I saw, posted in another forum, that Amsoil Signature Series is not API certified. Wondering, does anyone how this plays into warranty of the vehicle?
omething ive wondered about too

Id assume for some colossal failure (oil related) theyd take an oil analysis and prob ask for receipts if you did the change yourself.

Generally id say amsoil ss is above most other api oils, but its a grey area technically.

BigTaco

Reaction score
I would recommend driven FR50 for any Coyote engine (Predator as well). The base oil is mPAO vs PAO. This means it maintains Viscosity (VI) over the hundreds of heat cycles/duty cycle. The VI of Driven is due to the base oil and not by adding tons of viscosity improvers that all other 5w-50s have.

BT

OP
OP
J

jrwp2022

Reaction score
So I saw, posted in another forum, that Amsoil Signature Series is not API certified. Wondering, does anyone how this plays into warranty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter