Best On-road, Street Raptor upgrades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT_Liberator

Reaction score
I know... I KNOW!... A Raptor that spends 98% of its time on-road?! What a waste! (Getting it out for you.)

I spend a lot of time of crappy highways in Louisiana and I'm looking to make the treks more, "smooth."
I want to glide along rough roads. What suspension upgrades would the community recommend?

From all the reading I've done, I'm expecting these answers:
1. Adjust tire pressure lower to create a smoother ride. (Got it..)
2. If anything, get leaf springs.

Anything beyond these recommendations?
(And leave me alone... I'm deployed right now and the money is burning a hole in my pocket! Kidding. Kind-of.)

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Geiser front springs on low perch, Icon rear springs with your factory block removed, make sure your shocks are in good shape. If you need a rebuild get the builder to add flutter stacks.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also like running lower tire pressure than most recommend (36/34).

I haven't tried this, but you might experiment with some strategic weight in the bed. Not anything crazy, but 100 lbs over the axle might keep the rear end planted better. I'm also speculating. I carry about 150 lbs in my bed constantly (bed cover + dual battery system + AC compressor and accessories) and I may not have quite as much axle hop now when I get on the throttle.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geiser front springs on low perch, Icon rear springs with your factory block removed, make sure your shocks are in good shape. If you need a rebuild get the builder to add flutter stacks.
Are the ICON's better than the Deavers? I was planning deaver +3's. Enlighten me on ICON's please

Not stealin your thread, just wanna know

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the ICON's better than the Deavers? I was planning deaver +3's. Enlighten me on ICON's please

Not stealin your thread, just wanna know

I don't know about better. There are a lot of options out there, I am not sure someone has done a side by side comparison or in vehicle testing on them. Either option does something similar, increases spring arch, increases leaf count, changes the rate, and gets rid of the rear block. They are both higher quality than stock, tapered, and I think both use teflon pads between the leaves.

Last edited:

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t like running lower tire pressures on the street to increase ride because you’re lowering your load capability and on such a heavy truck can have very adverse effects on tire wear