Best On-road, Street Raptor upgrades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems like for trucks that are mostly used in a "normal" application of street/light offroad the recommended setup is the stock Fox shocks (rebuilt if needed) with Geiser's up front on low or middle perch with +3 Deavers in back with the stock block removed (depending on if you're looking for level or not). Most will also recommend sticking to a 35" A/T tire with a little lower pressure as well.
So +3 deavers are needed to level the Raptor with Geisers on low perch? SD or HD? I'm in the middle of replacing the factory shocks with brand new ones(OEM) and am looking to replace the leafs with Deavers. I just want to optimize the suspension for mostly street driving with occasional off-road. I'm gonna do the steering tie rods, UPC, shackles, and bump stop system. Looking at SVC.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want more control on the street and highway, I recommend the Hellwig rear sway-bar.
Night and day difference when changing lanes at speed and taking corners.

IMG_20141214_120616_740.jpg

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So +3 deavers are needed to level the Raptor with Geisers on low perch? SD or HD? I'm in the middle of replacing the factory shocks with brand new ones(OEM) and am looking to replace the leafs with Deavers. I just want to optimize the suspension for mostly street driving with occasional off-road. I'm gonna do the steering tie rods, UPC, shackles, and bump stop system. Looking at SVC.

It's said the Geisers are 1.5" taller than the stock springs when both are set to low perch, so if you wanted level with +3 Deavers you'd need to remove the rear block. This would bring the front up 1.5" but keep the back approximately the same height. If you go mid perch in the front with Geisers and +3 Deavers in the back then you'd want to leave the stock rear block to be level.

OP
OP
LT_Liberator

LT_Liberator

Reaction score
Forum life: The more research I do, the more f'ckin' confused I become!

New questions:
1. Eibach vs Geiser... I get the progressive vs linear (blah blah), but I'm seeing the "off-road" crowd with Eibachs [complaining] that their ride is "softer" on road and conversely, too soft on jumps and dips. So... does that mean Eibachs would achieve my goal better...???

2. I feel like I'm the only one on this thread who doesn't want to lift my Raptor and fit 37" tires. Lol. Part of the appeal of the Raptor to me is that (relatively) low sitting truck on 35" tires tucked into nice wide fenders. Also, I have a short wife and a 2 year old girl who will eventually be climbing into the truck by herself. I'm over the big 8" lifted trucks (been there). I say all that to say this:
Would I be better off getting Geisers (if I decide on that brand) set at low perch and +2 Deavers (and not +3) to get my factory-ish height?

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... I went with nothing in the front and +2HDs in the back to reduce the axle wrap/sag when loaded etc. My 2020 sat close to level with 7 miles on it (little rake). After 16k the rear leafs were flat and it was pretty much level. The +2DHs have me back to where it started with just a little perceived rake. I don't expect the Deavers to settle but I prefer to keep the center of gravity as low as I can so I don't see front springs in my future.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cant answer question 1, but as far as 2 goes if you are really concerned about the half inch ride height at the cab the +2 with factory blocks removed will be a good choice. Theoretically the +3 should ride better because they will have more arch, but I don't know of any side to side testing that has been done to real world proof this. If I was installing geiser's I would put them on bottom perch, you aren't running hard; there is no reason to add the preload of mid perch. Installing them on bottom perch will keep you in the soft ride zone of the shocks.