Best On-road, Street Raptor upgrades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my icons and suspect that both feel very similar. However, there are 2 main differences. Deaver uses more leaves per pack which in theory may ride better as they can be more progressive (although my icons ride so much better than stock), and icon includes an extra leaf that can be added or exchanged into the pack to change lift/load whereas you have to select your deaver specifications at checkout.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this true
I don’t like running lower tire pressures on the street to increase ride because you’re lowering your load capability and on such a heavy truck can have very adverse effects on tire wear

Any truth to this? It is much more grippy.

Heinz

Reaction score
I also like running lower tire pressure than most recommend (36/34).

I haven't tried this, but you might experiment with some strategic weight in the bed. Not anything crazy, but 100 lbs over the axle might keep the rear end planted better. I'm also speculating. I carry about 150 lbs in my bed constantly (bed cover + dual battery system + AC compressor and accessories) and I may not have quite as much axle hop now when I get on the throttle.
Depending on what you’re using the truck for, look into the Decked bed drawer system. I personally get a ton of use out of it. It weighs ~200lbs, and similar to DINOZR I think it results in a little better traction.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t like running lower tire pressures on the street to increase ride because you’re lowering your load capability and on such a heavy truck can have very adverse effects on tire wear

Raptor Assault runs their trucks at considerably lower pressures - last I heard was 32F / 28R I presume they recommend 38/38 for a few reasons, one being economy and the 2nd being payload capacity. I wouldn’t put a thousand pounds in the bed with 28psi and haul for any great distance, but I have no compunction about 2-4 hundred pounds in the bed at 33-34 psi for normal trips. If I was headed out on a long haul I’d probably run a few psi higher but not much.

I stuck with higher pressures on the KO2’s for 6 months and gradually started reducing them after Raptor Assault. I settled at 35-36F / 33-34 rear. Even so, when I was at around 30-35k on my KO2’s, rotated regularly, the middle wore out far faster than the outer tread.

Others have reported this too.

YMMV
etc.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say there was any certain psi at which your load is dramatically reduced or at which you’ll have problems. If you look at the manufacturer load table for your model of tire, you will see they provide safe load carrying capabilities for different tire pressures. Given that I’m a contractor and regularly have weight in the bed plus tow equipment and trailers, I like keeping my KM3’s at 45 psi

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best upgrades for a Raptor that is only used on the road -- I'm going to go with the TRX. You never see those things off road, I think they only know how to do the quarter mile or light to light drag. They also look good at the mall parking lot and Starbucks.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about better. There are a lot of options out there, I am not sure someone has done a side by side comparison or in vehicle testing on them. Either option does something similar, increases spring arch, increases leaf count, changes the rate, and gets rid of the rear block. They are both higher quality than stock, tapered, and I think both use teflon pads between the leaves.
Thank you thats good input