Best On-road, Street Raptor upgrades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
best upgrades for a Raptor that is only used on the road -- I'm going to go with the TRX. You never see those things off road, I think they only know how to do the quarter mile or light to light drag. They also look good at the mall parking lot and Starbucks.
Que?!?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Who cares about how much grip offroad tires have on the street?

Me. Because no matter how much of an off road Bad @$$ I might be, I still live near and next to pavement. I have to use pavement to get off road unless I’m tearing up my back 40 and there’s only so much of that I can do before my tractor has trouble. Lucille leaves rather large, deep ruts. In fact, i care so much about how much street grip my “off road tires” have, I probably erred on the side of street traction in lieu of max off road traction because traction is like a bank account with no overdraft protection.

Once you’re broke, there are consequences.

So, yeah, since most of my driving actually happens on pavement, as 99.9% of the users here, I like tires that actually stick, and particularly so in the rain.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me. Because no matter how much of an off road Bad @$$ I might be, I still live near and next to pavement. I have to use pavement to get off road unless I’m tearing up my back 40 and there’s only so much of that I can do before my tractor has trouble. Lucille leaves rather large, deep ruts. In fact, i care so much about how much street grip my “off road tires” have, I probably erred on the side of street traction in lieu of max off road traction because traction is like a bank account with no overdraft protection.

Once you’re broke, there are consequences.

So, yeah, since most of my driving actually happens on pavement, as 99.9% of the users here, I like tires that actually stick, and particularly so in the rain.
I drove my track car on NT05’s (basically grooved slicks) in the rain and never once hydroplaned. I get what you’re saying but for the average person driving a 6000+ pound truck, street traction doesn’t really matter. With completely bald tires you’d have enough traction on a raptor to get you where you need to go. But that’s beside the point of his original message.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about better. There are a lot of options out there, I am not sure someone has done a side by side comparison or in vehicle testing on them. Either option does something similar, increases spring arch, increases leaf count, changes the rate, and gets rid of the rear block. They are both higher quality than stock, tapered, and I think both use teflon pads between the leaves.
I looked and searched all over the forum and can't find a side by side comp. I know new leafs are like the no.1 Gen 1 replacement. Just trying to learn and be a good Rap Parent

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
This will be controversial with the group but I have 20”x10” Fuel wheels from my previous F-150 with 305 K02s on them. But only for on-road periods of time. The tires are smaller than stock and the speedometer is slightly off. If I went up to 315s they would rub, because of the offset and the width. When I’m planning to drive off-road I swap them in with the stock bead lock wheels. The truck handles much better when doing sweeping turns like freeway onramp loops. I also did Deavers which eliminated the hop on bumpy roads, helped with towing and improved offroading. It was a win, win, win. I would recommend both deavers and wider wheels/tires for on-road experience. Most on this forum would never think of trying this. Which, when I am offroading, I wouldn’t do 20s, so I would agree with their assessment.

BA857D08-90C0-464E-86D5-1B320C3017E2.jpeg

OP
OP
LT_Liberator

LT_Liberator

Reaction score
This will be controversial with the group but I have 20”x10” Fuel wheels from my previous F-150 with 305 K02s on them. But only for on-road periods of time. The tires are smaller than stock and the speedometer is slightly off. If I went up to 315s they would rub, because of the offset and the width. When I’m planning to drive off-road I swap them in with the stock bead lock wheels. The truck handles much better when doing sweeping turns like freeway onramp loops. I also did Deavers which eliminated the hop on bumpy roads, helped with towing and improved offroading. It was a win, win, win. I would recommend both deavers and wider wheels/tires for on-road experience. Most on this forum would never think of trying this. Which, when I am offroading, I wouldn’t do 20s, so I would agree with their assessment.

Your truck; your build; your say! I like it. I had Fuel wheels on my Sierra before the Raptor. I liked them.

Looks like the leaf springs are a no-brainer. That's the one upgrade I will be making for SURE. I am considering the front springs, too, though. Working on getting a quote now.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems like for trucks that are mostly used in a "normal" application of street/light offroad the recommended setup is the stock Fox shocks (rebuilt if needed) with Geiser's up front on low or middle perch with +3 Deavers in back with the stock block removed (depending on if you're looking for level or not). Most will also recommend sticking to a 35" A/T tire with a little lower pressure as well.