Best oil catch can? vote here

Vote for which kit you think is best

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackDiesel

Reaction score
The RX Performance RevXtreme - RX Performance Products is the ones I use on all of my vehicles. The direct injection motor this is a critical component. In the winter months it is incredible the amount of water which looks like brown goo comes out. Summer may get a ounce total of oil every 4k or so on my direct injection 6.2..

Sorry for those that use the JLT. It is total crap lets more get by than it catches by far. It is cheap and performs like it does as well. Do not kid yourself about it working. I have seen it with my own eyes--here is a comparison done. If you check around you will see that the direct engine guys do not care for the jlt that much--and it is for a reason..

Also use the Clean-side Seperator as well. My intake is so clean you would think it was new.....

JLT vs RX Catch Can - Results Part 2 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Which RX Catch Can do you use? How hard was the instillation and did you get the Clean-Side Separator?

Tucker

Reaction score
My post to the RX vs JLT thread:
I'm glad to see people are testing products, but something is very wrong with your testing.
If we didn't test our product I'd understand, but we do and the results are no where near yours.
1) Having one unit after another can cause a high pressure draw and give false readings.
2) How was this set up done? Pictures please.

if the JLT was not set up with the oil going INTO the filter side first, you will get the results you did.

We have proven to collect as much or more than Bob's in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsotb-JCMQY&list=UUnjNtH_ht5fslMSOWTM3wMg

In 500 miles we collect 9 MLs, which is way off from your testing.

Also see all the other test videos we have done that saw your test was not done right:
05-10 GT 15 mls in 1800 miles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkKWTiMwk8&list=UUnjNtH_ht5fslMSOWTM3wMg

Raptor 630 miles 20 ml
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmfc9ZSu9g4&list=UUnjNtH_ht5fslMSOWTM3wMg

I applaud you for testing, I wish more people would do it, but you need to do it right.
The only way you could get these results is if the JLT was backwards.

So for double the money I'd rethink it...
Thanks
Jay

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

The RX Performance RevXtreme - RX Performance Products is the ones I use on all of my vehicles. The direct injection motor this is a critical component. In the winter months it is incredible the amount of water which looks like brown goo comes out. Summer may get a ounce total of oil every 4k or so on my direct injection 6.2..

Sorry for those that use the JLT. It is total crap lets more get by than it catches by far. It is cheap and performs like it does as well. Do not kid yourself about it working. I have seen it with my own eyes--here is a comparison done. If you check around you will see that the direct engine guys do not care for the jlt that much--and it is for a reason..

Also use the Clean-side Seperator as well. My intake is so clean you would think it was new.....

JLT vs RX Catch Can - Results Part 2 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Crap? Really? LOL.

1) the test you link to is flawed big time, see my test videos above.
2) the 6.2 isn't direct injected, so no need to even bring that up.

Research is your friend.

Tucker

Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like we have been trolled here and on The Mustang Source about this "test" done with the RX vs the JLT.

After much back and forth on that forum thread the thread and tester finally came out with the truth:
Originally Posted by dmichaels View Post
I had the old style JLT can. I've also seen numerous threads on the new design and I should update my original posts to clearly state the version of JLT unit I tested.

My testing was not in a controlled environment as it was in a track environment with different ambient temps, humidity, oil condition, and lap consitency due to the HPDE environments at which I drive. Some laps are slower than others and some tracks are heavy braking and accelerating vs others a that are more momentum and therefore work the engine differently. But my intent was to give some "real world" test points across a couple events for a small statistical sample. Both catch cans were installed correctly and in my initial testing the JLT caught oil just not all of it. The RX caught basically everything raving nothing for the JLT to pick up.

Again this was done with the old style JLT setup and it sounds like the new design is much improved, which is EXACTLY the response I would hope for in response to this thread.

I will be doing probably 2000+ track miles next season all over the northeast, and if JLT would like to send me a new configuration test unit to re-run a series of tests, then I would be more than happy to oblige! I'm an aerospace engineer and work closely with out test group and have a lot of respect for product improvement that is the result of development work and on going testing

Feel free to PM to discuss as well.

Thanks,
Derek
So it looks like a small group is trying to push a $300 separator and discredit our $119 as "crap".
They also knew about the updated filter but wanted to post results on an old set up. :thumbsdown:

Well it looks like they were using the kit either the wrong way of flow or an older design with the filter on the exit side.

So all in all their test is a complete fail.
Then he asks for free product to "test" it again...

Sorry guys, when you tell the forums the JLT doesn't collect anything and is crap, I use facts and examples to prove it wrong, not just type.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great reply Jay. Thanks for continuing to make quality products for us that work as advertised. :favorites13:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like we have been trolled here and on The Mustang Source about this "test" done with the RX vs the JLT.

After much back and forth on that forum thread the thread and tester finally came out with the truth:

So it looks like a small group is trying to push a $300 separator and discredit our $119 as "crap".
They also knew about the updated filter but wanted to post results on an old set up. :thumbsdown:

Well it looks like they were using the kit either the wrong way of flow or an older design with the filter on the exit side.

So all in all their test is a complete fail.
Then he asks for free product to "test" it again...

Sorry guys, when you tell the forums the JLT doesn't collect anything and is crap, I use facts and examples to prove it wrong, not just type.

LOL--go ahead and keep defending all you want I have seen it. The RX was after the JLT and caught the oil and water the JLT missed. Makes me no difference that you are in denial. Hint your container volume is too small and there is no media lol.

Last edited:

Tucker

Reaction score
LOL--go ahead and keep defending all you want I have seen it. The RX was after the JLT and caught the oil and water the JLT missed. Makes me no difference that you are in denial. Hint your container volume is too small and there is no media lol.

Another interwed hero who doesn't read.

They didn't use the kit correctly or at least as designed.

Makes me no difference.
What? :facepalm:

Hint your container volume is too small and there is no media lol.
You're giving me hints on my product?

Too small? This is one of our best selling features, people love that it's not some huge tank.
Oh and we do have media, SMH :facepalm:

Last edited: