Best oil catch can? vote here

Vote for which kit you think is best

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JLT on mine for about 10k miles and it's caught quite a bit! I empty it every 2-3k miles and it's nearly full every time

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok boss. If I'm going to spend $2 - 300 on a can, I like to know some real world experiences. How much oil are you catching between oil changes?

Yukon Joe
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Well that is a very tough question. Why you ask ok I will tell you. The amount of oil that the can catches is virtually impossible to tell how much is actually oil and how much is water because they they do mix somewhat. The amount of water(brown goo see pic)is much much more prevalent during cold humid weather.

I(n the summer and this is also very dependent on the brand of oil that you use (NOACK #) and I use Amsoil signature series I get for example on a one day 954 round trip run to the ranch and back 4 weeks ago ambient temp of 85 in the am to 108 at the ranch and over 95 most of the time about .25 of an ounce.

THE PIC BELOW WAS AFTER 600 miles and 1 day shy of 2 weeks during the ice storm and very cold weather we had last winter here in DFW. The NOACK number has a lot to do with the amount of oil that you will be seeing.

BE CAREFUL -- THE CATCH CANS ARE NOT THE SAME--most are CRAP and people are just like sheep follow the next guy lol!!
20131215_152610_zps3329d539.jpg

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the JLT, I know the video says it has the rubber part and wont move. But if you are off roading isn't that bad to have that thing bouncing up and down on the coil packs? Also as it gets oil it weighs more and would flex more no?