Best Ceramic Coating Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Troutrad how is that glass treatment holding up? I've been trying to figure out what to do for all the glass and RainX isn't cutting it when it's raining.

Lasts a lot longer. I kinda liken it to a ceramic coating as opposed to something like F11, The Last Coat, Shine Armor or Torque (or any similar product). Nothing wrong with them, they just don’t last like the true ceramic coating. Did my windshield of my Tundra 3 years ago and it still sheds water pretty well; so I did every glass or mirror surface on the Raptor. Added benefit where I live, the bugs come off a lot easier when you wash.

And aside from the polishing step, pretty much as easy to apply as RainX

Last edited:

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had mine done with Gtechnique Crystal Serum Ultra. Some minor paint correction as I had just bought it with 12k miles so the dealer detailed it. It’s held up very well.

I got the paint correction, Gtechnique Crystal Serum Ultra on paint, C5 wheel armor, clear vision smart glass on glass and lights. Also had the windshield and front windows tinted with Llumar ceramic. Oh and clear protective film, can’t remember the brand, on the whole front, the lower 1’ of hood, and mirrors.

All in was $1,685 including taxes. The kicker with this place though is that for 5 years you get a free in and out detail every 6 months.

What? 10 details would cost more than that? How long have these guys been around? Can't see if too many take this deal then he'll eventually have a problem with cash flow, just sayin'.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lasts a lot longer. I kinda liken it to a ceramic coating as opposed to something like F11, The Last Coat, Shine Armor or Torque (or any similar product). Nothing wrong with them, they just don’t last like the true ceramic coating. Did my windshield of my Tundra 3 years ago and it still sheds water pretty well; so I did every glass or mirror surface on the Raptor. Added benefit where I live, the bugs come off a lot easier when you wash.
Sweet. I'll give it a try. I honestly only really care about the glass. I know I'm going to mess the paint up but keeping the glass clean and shedding crap is something I feel people overlook.

Did you use a buffer or did everything by hand?

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? 10 details would cost more than that? How long have these guys been around? Can't see if too many take this deal then he'll eventually have a problem with cash flow, just sayin'.
A long time. It’s Reeder’s Auto Tint & Ceramic in St Petersburg (Tampa). 226 reviews on google and 4.9 stars kinda says it all. It’s just a Dad/Wife/Son business. I did ask him and he was like look, most people we get forget about the details or don’t own the car for long enough. I was like hate to break it to you but we are gonna be best buds for the next 5 years. :)

Michael Coburn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my truck coated with Ceramic Pro about a year ago. It cost about $2k, but the truck literally still looks new. Might be worth the extra investment.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. I'll give it a try. I honestly only really care about the glass. I know I'm going to mess the paint up but keeping the glass clean and shedding crap is something I feel people overlook.

Did you use a buffer or did everything by hand?

All by hand. The polisher worked well. Put some elbow grease into it for the front windshield. The G1 goes on pretty much like RainX, then you wipe/buff it off with the residue remover (G2)

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done at unique car care ,Middleton ma ,very high end place ,the shop is super busy ,had him clear bra the front of the truck as well . he's done at least 4 of my past cars ,only person/place I trust my ride at .

OP
OP
Joe Herrera Jr

Joe Herrera Jr

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Yeah, I’m in Texas and the prices around here we’re ranging from $400-$1500. The problem is all these detail shops just popped up and are offering ceramic coating and I wasn’t sure who to go with. I understand you get what you pay for, I just don’t want to get burned lol