Best Ceramic Coating Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A long time. It’s Reeder’s Auto Tint & Ceramic in St Petersburg (Tampa). 226 reviews on google and 4.9 stars kinda says it all. It’s just a Dad/Wife/Son business. I did ask him and he was like look, most people we get forget about the details or don’t own the car for long enough. I was like hate to break it to you but we are gonna be best buds for the next 5 years. :)

Ha! I wouldn't list the truck until right after the 10th detail was done!

Reaction score
GTechniq is among the best coatings. It is very popular and there is lots of good info and support online. I have gotten to know some of their US guys since they are up the road from me. Great bunch! We do a big charity event every year and they have been awesome sponsors.

I have coated three of my vehicles with GTechniq, including my Raptor. I was always reluctant to put ceramic on my cars but I am a huge fan now. It makes taking care of them a breeze and adds another layer of protection. I did my applications according to what GTechniq recommends. Applying the coatings is very straight forward. Paint correction is where you are going to spend most of your time. If a vehicle is new I would give it quick one or two stage correction to make sure you don’t have any swirls or scratches.

Here’s what I did:

Wash and clay the car
Paint correction as needed
Wash with decontaminate product to remove polishing compound residue
Clean car with GTechniq Panel wipe (can use rubbing alcohol if necessary)
Apply one coat of GT Crystal Serum Light per instructions
Let dry overnight
Apply one coat of GT EXO topcoat
Let dry overnight
Apply second Coat of GT EXO topcoat
Keep away from rain for 24 hours
When you wash, use Beadmaker during the drying process (gives a nice hydrophobic topcoat)
Maintain Every six months with GT C2

The GT products are easy to apply and pretty forgiving. Wipe on and wipe off. If you miss a spot and get hazing just hit that spot with a light buffing compound on an applicator (by hand), re-clean the area and reapply. Once you have had ceramic on your car you will never go back. Good luck!

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. It's like having Elon Musk talk about the advantages of gas engines.

he just explain the difference between ceramic and wax.
Wax you can apply yourself,"real "ceramic you have to go to a pro,your choice.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d highly recommend more than a spray on wipe off if you have the time particularly for a brand new Raptor. Do yourself a favor and at least do a consumer level Ceramic coating. They’re forgiving enough for just about anyone to do. Just a little prep (deep clean, clay bar or mitt and decontamination/Eraser) and then apply the stuff as instructed. Then you can use the spray on stuff every 3-6 months and washing’s a breeze and it just stays clean longer. GTechnique as mentioned above supposed to be good. Several others out there rate well. I used Avalon King product and it was very easy.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s worth the cash to have it done professionally - especially at around 1500 bucks. Generally that provides you with shop support and a 5 year warranty with annual refreshes. I did my wheels myself with cquartz but for the truck had sigma Kore in Denver do it. 8 month old truck with no/minimal swirl marks and it lives outside. No need to wax ever.