Best Ceramic Coating Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Herrera Jr

Reaction score
Looking into getting my truck ceramic coated, but with so many places offering it, not sure which place to go with. Looking to see what recommendations yall have based on type of coating used? Which would therefore help me choose a shop to do it.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy is one of the premier boat detailers in the US and uses only the Gtechniq products. They work really well. If you don't want to shell out the $$ for a full coat, I'm a big fan of the P&S Beadmaker. There is another product out called DuraSlic that I like even more, but it's a bit more $. Both you can use at home. https://www.duraslic.com/product/speedcoat/ it comes in a spray bottle. Mist both on, work them into the panel, let it haze, then buff off with a clean micro. The dura has held up great for about 4 months. The beadmaker doesn't hold quite as well, but a gallon is only $35. Best way to use the BM is to wash the truck and rinse it, then mist it all over while wet and dry with a chamois. Both work awesome on sunglasses and the Sync screen too.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it myself. Granted, truck had less than 2k on it so didn’t really need to do any paint correction. It’s pretty simple to do and all in with 3 coats of ceramic, I think it cost 300ish. Also added some glass protection and tonneau/plastic protection. Definitely would recommend doing this yourself unless you need a lot of paint correction as it’s simple and pretty rewarding...and no better way to really get to know your truck’s exterior than rubbing your hands over it multiple times.

1) did thorough wash with dawn dish soap water then complete dry.
2) clay bar...though I cheated and used the “clay bar” mitt substitute (Fine Surface Prep Mitt with their Speedshine product) from Griots garage...a lot quicker and easier.
3) dilute alcohol - I used the “Eraser” (Carpro) product which I think is a better option and it’s pretty cheap.
4) Ceramic coating - did 3 coats with Avalon King Armor Shield IX. Bought 4 bottles, used almost 3 bottles.
5) did glass with Gtechnique series (G1,G2, & G4)
6) did tonneau cover and all the plastic parts with CQuartz DLux

Even put some Ceramic on the Fox’s and Eibach’s for good measure...haha.

Spent a ton of time researching products before coming down to what I used. Not saying there aren’t similarly good products you can find and use but probably won’t find much better.

0D910072-5C60-4AA1-B2A7-81CB1675FE4D.jpeg D9F4B5C5-73D0-4431-A4F4-02875D193E48.jpeg 9DAD831F-07F7-45AA-9D9F-9751B0924363.jpeg

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will add this: ceramic, the true ceramic serums, are tough to work with if you're not sure of what you're doing. If you apply too much and don't get it off correctly, it can permanently haze up and it can need a wet sand to get it back to the clear coat to try again. Gtechniq doesn't sell the full serum to the public for that reason. A little goes a really long way. Can't speak to the others Troutrad used, but if they're a true serum it's a process. You also really need a shop, not something you can do in your driveway. The finished product is outstanding though. Many also suggest using either of the two products I mentioned above once a month or so to keep a nice top coat on the ceramic.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Troutrad how is that glass treatment holding up? I've been trying to figure out what to do for all the glass and RainX isn't cutting it when it's raining.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done with Gtechnique Crystal Serum Ultra. Some minor paint correction as I had just bought it with 12k miles so the dealer detailed it. It’s held up very well.

I got the paint correction, Gtechnique Crystal Serum Ultra on paint, C5 wheel armor, clear vision smart glass on glass and lights. Also had the windshield and front windows tinted with Llumar ceramic. Oh and clear protective film, can’t remember the brand, on the whole front, the lower 1’ of hood, and mirrors.

All in was $1,685 including taxes. The kicker with this place though is that for 5 years you get a free in and out detail every 6 months.