Best Ceramic Coating Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing worth noting though - if you go to a car wash that isn’t touchless it may void any warranty provided by the ceramic folks. I had to change where I had gone in the past due to this.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used 2 coats of Kamikaze Miyab, 1 coat of Kamikaze ISM. Topped with Kamikaze Infinity Wax and 1 time per month use Kamikaze Overcoat.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used 2 coats of Kamikaze Miyab, 1 coat of Kamikaze ISM. Topped with Kamikaze Infinity Wax and 1 time per month use Kamikaze Overcoat.

That sounds like a lot of work, but I bet it looks awesome.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of work, but I bet it looks awesome.

Its not bad actually, couple hours of axtual work with wait/cure time inbetween. With any coating no mattter which one is chosen, the key is the prep...the better the condition of the paint, the better the finished product looks. Most times rain washes my truck clean, or spraying with a hose, dont have to use a mitt or sponge or even soap...blow dry off with a leaf blower, litttle wipe up with microfiber towel for drips and done in 10 mins. More work on front end but way less on back end.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score

my ceramic provider specifically forbade me from using any sort of carnuba wax (any wax in general) with the coating. Surprised you waxed over your ceramic?

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my ceramic provider specifically forbade me from using any sort of carnuba wax (any wax in general) with the coating. Surprised you waxed over your ceramic?

I did a ton of research before choosing products and asked the company selling the Kamikaze products in the US a bunch of questions before purchasing...they are active on the Corvette C8 forums as well. The Infinity over the ISM and Miyabi works really well.

I messaged on the forum in the link below as well where professional and serious amateur detailers post and this guy whose post I linked is well regarded as knowing his stuff.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-detailing-product-discussion/188411-messing-coatings-final.html

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on the Ceramic Pro system? Looking at a shop that uses their products and it's $1180 for the "Silver" 5-year warranty while it's $1580 for the "Gold" lifetime warranty. This includes paint prep, polish, and ceramic for the wheels and windshield along with adding the service to the Carfax report.

Seems like a decent deal being my truck will be living outside, just wanted to make sure the Ceramic Pro products are reputable and worthwhile.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any opinions on the Ceramic Pro system? Looking at a shop that uses their products and it's $1180 for the "Silver" 5-year warranty while it's $1580 for the "Gold" lifetime warranty. This includes paint prep, polish, and ceramic for the wheels and windshield along with adding the service to the Carfax report.

Seems like a decent deal being my truck will be living outside, just wanted to make sure the Ceramic Pro products are reputable and worthwhile.

Decent reviews online but so do most other brands. Price seems fine but keep in mind the "lifetime" warranty (not sure about the Silber 5 year but assume same) requires you to bring the truck back each year for a refresh coating, they just reapply the coating again so its not like the coating is any better. I bet the actual product applied in Silver vs Gold is the same. If you will keep your car longer than 5 years, gold may be worth it. In either case doing it yourself will be cheaper. With any coating, whether you apply or a shop does, the surface prep is absolutely the critical step for how it looks after and how long it lasts.