Magnetic Powder Coat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West_

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone happens to know of somewhere I can purchase the powder that is the same color as Ford's "magnetic" (code J7).

I decided to have my front and rear factory bumpers sandblasted and powder coated a while ago. Unfortunately, the sample I was provided (from a brochure) turned out to be a slightly different color once it was actually applied and I am looking to have it redone. Oddly enough, it looks to be the right color during the right lighting conditions. But in other conditions, it can be quite noticeable.

I know there are quite a few sellers online which sell powder that is close to Ford magnetic, but I'm hoping there is someone out there who has purchased and personally used one that they can vouch for. The local powder coating shop wants an arm and a leg for trying to match it, unless I can find and source the powder myself.

Yes - I'm aware of how stupid of a decision this turned out to be. And yes, I'm aware that my bumper is slightly misaligned and have since corrected that, lol.

Thank you!

Attachments

• bumper_3.jpg
    bumper_3.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 15
  • bumper_2.jpg
    bumper_2.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 15
  • bumper_1.jpg
    bumper_1.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 15