Pain Correction & Ceramic Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricEst1978

Reaction score
Have some fitment issues with the truck and my garage. Not sure if I'll be able to remedy them well enough for day to day use so the truck will likely live in the driveway and be pulled into the garage only during hail/ice storms.

With that in mind, I thought it would be a good idea to get the truck ceramic coated to protect the paint a bit. In conjunction with the coating, I'm planning to at least have a 1-step paint correction done on the truck. For those who have had this done, or are knowledgeable about it, what's an appropriate price to pay for this type of work on a vehicle the size of a Raptor? Definitely NOT looking for the cheapest person on the block... quality matters to me, but this isn't something I've ever had done on any vehicle I've owned. Thanks in advance! Cheers.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have some fitment issues with the truck and my garage. Not sure if I'll be able to remedy them well enough for day to day use so the truck will likely live in the driveway and be pulled into the garage only during hail/ice storms.

With that in mind, I thought it would be a good idea to get the truck ceramic coated to protect the paint a bit. In conjunction with the coating, I'm planning to at least have a 1-step paint correction done on the truck. For those who have had this done, or are knowledgeable about it, what's an appropriate price to pay for this type of work on a vehicle the size of a Raptor? Definitely NOT looking for the cheapest person on the block... quality matters to me, but this isn't something I've ever had done on any vehicle I've owned. Thanks in advance! Cheers.
Well Cermaic coating is a good idea, a PPF for the front end is really the best way to do it. You'll waste your money if you don't get a PPF and get paint correction done.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to off-road this or is it just a street-queen? Nothing will stop off-road chips/scrapes/etc.—it's just part of the truck. I ceramic coat just to keep the upper portions protected from the environment as I keep the Raptor outside. I don't mind real world abuse marks on the truck but I just don't like it looking neglected.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told ceramic coating only helps make washing the car easier, doesn't even prevent micro scratches and swirl marks. Best bet is to have the whole thing wrapped in self healing PPF.

Bruzer6519

Reaction score
I just got a full front ppf installed on my gen 3. Went directly to the best place with the best product. Xpel in Spring Tx. Cost about 2500 bucks but in my opinion, well worth it and it’s warrantied for 10 yrs. I had the door cups done to, if you dont want rhat done it’ll be cheaper. Talk to Micaiah, he will do you right. They also do Ceramic and paint correction. You can ceramic coat over the ppf, which I am doing myself in about a week. Hope this helps.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It really depends on what your expectations of the coating are and exactly what you’re trying to prevent and protect, ceramic and ppf each have their place.

With that said, a single stage correction and good ceramic coat should be around $1,500, sometimes less or more depending on location.