Behind the grill led question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys who have their light bar mounted behind the grill ever had any issues with the light bar rubbing up on the transmission cooler clamp? If so, what did you do to combat this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the correct brackets specific to the Raptor...what lights are you entertaining?

OP
OP
Aaron313

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also this is the back of the light as you can see the scratch marks due to it rubbing up on the tran cooler clamp.
49d99ab64c1b8de80ebfb1f4db581709.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Make sure you get the correct brackets specific to the Raptor...what lights are you entertaining?

I'm thinking of purchasing a rigid 40' inch E series light bar and the guy who is selling it had it on his raptor and he said it's the proper brackets for the mount behind the grill. Does this photo look right to you as far as the brackets are correct?
e588f010f2a05a928694f253c2d61bf2.jpg

OP
OP
Aaron313

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm told it's a rigid industries light bar, This is what the owner had told me regarding the ding. "On my truck the back of the light was rubbing against the transmission cooler clamp. I wasn't aware of this until I took it off and you can see it in the picture. Be aware of that if you put one of these on your truck." is this due to him having a different brand mount?

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Looks like an M&R light and bracket....40" Grill Mount I am assuming...if so will not hit the trans cooler...at least mine does NOT...as far as the dings who knows? Maybe ask the owner...

Is this the light? If so should not rub!

Raptor 40" Upper Grill Kit - M & R Automotive - Custom FORD Raptor and Wrangler JK LED Light Kits

a9a765111d3ad61e09a0b3543aef3fc7.jpg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm told it's a rigid industries light bar, This is what the owner had told me regarding the ding. "On my truck the back of the light was rubbing against the transmission cooler clamp. I wasn't aware of this until I took it off and you can see it in the picture. Be aware of that if you put one of these on your truck." is this due to him having a different brand mount?

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

a9a765111d3ad61e09a0b3543aef3fc7.jpg

I would think so or the light is indeed larger, thus hitting the bracket...Rigid makes good lights and usually stand behind their products...I swear the pic of the bracket and the side of the light you posted, looks like and M&R, which is less expensive than the Rigid lights NEW...

DesertEagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys who have their light bar mounted behind the grill ever had any issues with the light bar rubbing up on the transmission cooler clamp? If so, what did you do to combat this?

Hey man. I mounted a 40'' bar using the Rigid brackets (which look to be the same brackets as you posted). I just got a dremel and took off a small amount of the plastic clamp to avoid the rubbage.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man. I mounted a 40'' bar using the Rigid brackets (which look to be the same brackets as you posted). I just got a dremel and took off a small amount of the plastic clamp to avoid the rubbage.

There you go! Still unless you are getting a 'Good' deal on the light bar...it looks worn....

OP
OP
Aaron313

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There you go! Still unless you are getting a 'Good' deal on the light bar...it looks worn....

In that picture the glass does look blurry. But I think it's a glare and the guy selling it has said he's had the covers on the light to protect the glass since installing it on his truck. What would you guys pay for a used rigid 40 inch E? Owner states that it's had about an hour use its whole life but who knows.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In that picture the glass does look blurry. But I think it's a glare and the guy selling it has said he's had the covers on the light to protect the glass since installing it on his truck. What would you guys pay for a used rigid 40 inch E? Owner states that it's had about an hour use its whole life but who knows.

Me...sight unseen...no more than $500 shipped! I don't care how many hours the light was used...I care how long the light has been on the truck...it does look 'USED'...