S8 Amber Straight LED Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just purchased a S8 40" Light Bar to mount behind the grill. I have never hooked up any add on light to my truck in the 10 years I have had it. SO I have a install question for you guys. The kit Baja Designs says to use is listed below. Can i hook this up to my upfitter switches or do I have to drill hole in the dash Like it says to do? Thanks

S8 and OnX6 Laser Harness Instructions
64-0122

View attachment 450177

Hey,

You will not be able to power up the light using your up-fitter power. The 40-inch light bar exceeds your factory amp rating on your aux switches. The workaround will be purchasing a harness 64-0119 OnX6 High-power harness using the relay and triggering it with your aux switch. This will allow you to use your aux switch while not having to run a switch into the cabin. Connect the harness exactly as intended but instead of running the switch into the cabin remove or cut the switch and connect your trigger wire to any of your aux switches. This will allow you to still run your aux switches.

Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201