Before I order: Recaro seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savela

Reaction score
Before I submit my order, 2 questions:

Wondering how these will wear. I have a gen 2 and the seats are very resistant to scuffs/stains etc. Does that suede hold up well for anything besides normal daily use (use my truck to tow/haul with the resultant materials that end up on the front and back seats)?

Any members w/ carbonized gray / is it available for '22? I have magnetic and like it - wish lead foot was available for '22. Also considering rapid red and antimater blue.

tia

Last edited:

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
I had an 18’ with regular seats (801A) and a 19’ with Recaro seats. Ordered a 22’ without Recaro. First, I had my 19’ truck for 2 years and no visible signs of wear. But, I felt like the Recaro’s weren’t as comfortable as the regular seats for everyday use.

I went with Anitmatter Blue. The color is amazing and looks better every time I see it in person.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wondering how these will wear. I have a gen 2 and the seats are very resistant to scuffs/stains etc. Does that suede hold up well for anything besides normal daily use (use my truck to tow/haul with the resultant materials that end up on the front and back seats)?

Any members w/ carbonized gray / is it available for '22? I have magnetic and like it - wish lead foot was available for '22. Also considering rapid red and antimater blue.

tia
My buddy ordered a 2022 with me. He has a 2019 Raptor now with the blue seats. With close to 40k miles, no issues at all and they look great, and he wanted them again. But something to note... he didn't want a 37 and only the 35 with the blue seat option... he also wanted the Carbon Fiber, but for 2022 you cannot combine the two! You cannot get the CF with just the blue seats as a standalone option. The CF now requires either the 37 OR the beaded wheels... but NOT the blue seats. He has the beaded wheel option but the Ford order screen shows the below when you try to add the CF and already have the blue seats. So if you want CF and those seats, it's a no go now.

2021-10-25 10_57_21-RE_ [External Sender] Re_ Raptors.jpg

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 21, the carbon fiber package is part of the 37 package. It is likely still part of the Recaro seat package.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 21, the carbon fiber package is part of the 37 package. It is likely still part of the Recaro seat package.
That's just it... it's not. In 22 they made the Recaro seats an individual option. The 37 no longer comes with the Recaro by default and you can only order the CF with certain other options (37 or Bead-lock wheels), but not combined with the Recaro seats.

2021-10-25 11_32_17-2022 F-150 Order Guide.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit).jpg

Last edited:

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The recaros are standard with the 37 package.
NO! In 2021 they were, not anymore in 2022! I guess customers complained about not wanting to pay for seats they didn't want so it became a separate option...

1635193237613.png

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tia
Hi I had a gen 2 leadfoot with black /grey leather interior…it looked brand new the day I sold it…it wore incredibly well with occasional cleaning…very easy to own….I now have a gen 3 with 37 package with blue recaro’s….I already notice a little wear in less than a month…nothing bad….But do I see spilling a sports drink not being an issue? I have accepted the fact that the Recaro’s will take much more up keep and wear and tear will not go unnoticed ….if the seats were black …keeping them clean would be much easier…The seats are world class comfortable for me…My longest drive has been a 200 mile trip so I need to see if the seats are long drive comfortable …the gen 2 seats definitely were comfortable on long road trips….black leather hides everything….light blue alcantara does not hide much…

The wife makes me and our boys chocolate chip cookies for camping / trips….and brownies….this was never an issue when driving the gen 2….with the gen 3…I told the boys to wait until we got to the park before eating the cookies…which basically sucks for them and me…lol. I Love the recaro seats and don’t Regret getting them ….yet??? We will see. Cheers. NEW VS OLD BELOW …THE OLD WAS # YEARS OLD with 36K miles with dogs and kids using the cabin liberally….lol

Attachments

• 4A09B161-2954-464D-AF25-4C8731F9C0A4.png
    4A09B161-2954-464D-AF25-4C8731F9C0A4.png
    971.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 734DD5B9-0F81-4CC0-913C-6F93303AB579.jpeg
    734DD5B9-0F81-4CC0-913C-6F93303AB579.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited: