Before I order: Recaro seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I had a gen 2 leadfoot with black /grey leather interior…it looked brand new the day I sold it…it wore incredibly well with occasional cleaning…very easy to own….I now have a gen 3 with 37 package with blue recaro’s….I already notice a little wear in less than a month…nothing bad….But do I see spilling a sports drink not being an issue? I have accepted the fact that the Recaro’s will take much more up keep and wear and tear will not go unnoticed ….if the seats were black …keeping them clean would be much easier…The seats are world class comfortable for me…My longest drive has been a 200 mile trip so I need to see if the seats are long drive comfortable …the gen 2 seats definitely were comfortable on long road trips….black leather hides everything….light blue alcantara does not hide much…

The wife makes me and our boys chocolate chip cookies for camping / trips….and brownies….this was never an issue when driving the gen 2….with the gen 3…I told the boys to wait until we got to the park before eating the cookies…which basically sucks for them and me…lol. I Love the recaro seats and don’t Regret getting them ….yet??? We will see. Cheers. NEW VS OLD BELOW …THE OLD WAS # YEARS OLD with 36K miles with dogs and kids using the cabin liberally….lol
I have the Recaro’s in my 2019 and yes compared to my. 2015 lariat you have to take care of them. I make it an effort to vacuum them at a much sooner rate ans well as have had towels to clean up spills quickly.

I do have a seat cover for the front seats when I am doing dirty work and when the dog is riding shotgun. I also have a bench blanket for the back when that is needed. My boys are 15/12 and they still spill everything so it doesn’t get better

OP
OP
savela

savela

Reaction score
awesome. Thx! So no recaros for me. I’m planning on the 37 package. Color will be my biggest problem. No dark gray colors to choose from. I’m thinking antimatter blue or perhaps white. We’ll see.

As an update, I went to my dealership and they told me I can’t order a gen 3. They had already gone through their allocations. Not terribly happy. Wish they would have thought about that before they called me.

As an aside, saw a Ford bronco. Very nice. They wanted $25k over msrp. Ridiculous.

Still hunting for an msrp ‘22 w/ 37 package. I’ll be patient. Appreciate the Recaro info. I’ll likely pass since I have 2 kids, dogs etc. Life is too stressful as it is.

Jcc6600

Reaction score
No I wouldn’t get Recaros if I had a choice on my 2021. $80k truck with clothes seat??? No thanks. Just went on a 1,000 mile road trip with the kids. I felt like my 2018 raptor seats were more comfy. IMO. But really concerned if the kids spill something on the cloth for cleanup. Another side note I go to the gym daily and noticed the truck was smelling my like my gym clothes. Come to find out sweat got into the seats, so a month old I had to clean the seats.

Jcc6600

Reaction score
No I wouldn’t get Recaros if I had a choice on my 2021. $80k truck with clothes seat??? No thanks. Just went on a 1,000 mile road trip with the kids. I felt like my 2018 raptor seats were more comfy. IMO. But really concerned if the kids spill something on the cloth for cleanup. Another side note I go to the gym daily and noticed the truck was smelling my like my gym clothes. Come to find out sweat got into the seats, so a month old I had to clean the seats.
2DA1EF25-917A-4628-B722-D8C61E5FC9A2.jpeg
Really wanted race red. But antimatter is growing on me after owning for a month.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the blue Recaros in my 2019. They were awesome. No wearing or scuffs.

I will be taking delivery of gen 3, 37 package with the Recaro Seats. That is the reason I went with the 37 package.

mouseman22

Reaction score
I have a 2020 with Recaro. When I was looking I didn't want that option. Went with it because that is what they had. I have to say I am very happy I did. Very comfortable and keeps you in the seat. A lot different of a feel then the standard option but again for me I like them a lot. No wear and tear noticed yet and have 30,000 miles on it. A couple things got on them from kids and cleaned up easily. I wouldn't have ordered them that way but dumb luck I guess...the next one I get will definitely have them again.

Scottakacrash

Reaction score
I have the Recaros in my 2020 as well as two other vehicles. I installed one set in my Jeep Wrangler and the other car has them as factory option. These are by far the best seats I've had in any car. The "base" seats in the Raptor don't have the support and look kind of plain by comparison, especially for an $80K vehicle. That said, I wish they had a full leather option instead of the combination alcantara cloth and leather.