Why Recaro Seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kobe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out what the value proposition of the Recaro seats are. I know the seats are made by Recaro, but are they using the same materials as Ford seats? And building the seats to Ford's specifications?

I'd hope they're not Ford-designed seats outsourced to Recaro. My hope would be they're designed from the ground up by Recaro with different contours and materials, from the foam to the leather and alcantera. Ford makes good enough seats on themselves and $2k is a lot to pay for the look and Recaro brand name.

Last edited:

rog7254

Reaction score
I have blue recaro seats in my 23 CO
Recaro blue seats for $2k more wasn't my first choice option, but once i've test drove both raptors with the different seat options. I went with the recaro seats.
The black leather seats are not bad at all but the recaro alcantera seats were more comfortable to me and I don't regret spending $2k more on it.

Also, recaro seats have a different contour than regular raptor seats, although they look very similar.
For sure, alcantera material will need more care.... :(
Has anyone found good seat cover option for the Recaro seats?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think its designed by recaro and built by a ford supplier like lear.. but also, the recaro package is a bunch of other interior trim, and not just the seats.

rog7254

Reaction score
Front two seats (slight differnt contour), back seats (just the material) & top of center console material is wraped from Alcantera.
anything else?

OP
OP
K

Kobe

Reaction score
I have blue recaro seats in my 23 CO
Recaro blue seats for $2k more wasn't my first choice option, but once i've test drove both raptors with the different seat options. I went with the recaro seats.
The black leather seats are not bad at all but the recaro alcantera seats were more comfortable to me and I don't regret spending $2k more on it.

Also, recaro seats have a different contour than regular raptor seats, although they look very similar.
For sure, alcantera material will need more care.... :(
Has anyone found good seat cover option for the Recaro seats?
Appreciate the reply. I can't stand most F150 seats so hope the Recaros are different in a good way for my back. Way too much lumbar support on the other trims, and bad headrest angles.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why ?
Because you like to be tortured and like pain after about 3 hours of driving…

Last edited:

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the reply. I can't stand most F150 seats so hope the Recaros are different in a good way for my back. Way too much lumbar support on the other trims, and bad headrest angles.
Same here, the lumbar support on my Gen dos kills my back, had to get some extra foam padding there to help it. Been lookin for oem recaros to swap in for quite a bit now.
I had Corbeau then swapped to Braum race seats in my lightning and can sit in there for hours and no complaints, meanwhile anyone else who sits in my truck says im crazy for not liking them and vice versa in the lightning.

OP
OP
K

Kobe

Reaction score
Same here, the lumbar support on my Gen dos kills my back, had to get some extra foam padding there to help it. Been lookin for oem recaros to swap in for quite a bit now.
I had Corbeau then swapped to Braum race seats in my lightning and can sit in there for hours and no complaints, meanwhile anyone else who sits in my truck says im crazy for not liking them and vice versa in the lightning.
Good to know someone shares my complaint. Have you tried the Recaros?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know someone shares my complaint. Have you tried the Recaros?
Sat in a gen 2 with them, higher mileage so they were a bit worn but first impression was i liked them over the base seats, felt a little more supportive, hard to tell if the lumbar still digs in over time. Been lookin for some sell offs ever since. Sucks i found an 802a with no sunroof which was rare'ish, but wanted the recaros too, but hard to find both together.