Before I order: Recaro seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcc6600

Reaction score
I have the Recaros in my 2020 as well as two other vehicles. I installed one set in my Jeep Wrangler and the other car has them as factory option. These are by far the best seats I've had in any car. The "base" seats in the Raptor don't have the support and look kind of plain by comparison, especially for an $80K vehicle. That said, I wish they had a full leather option instead of the combination alcantara cloth and leather.

Jimmyduc

Reaction score
I have the recaros in my 37 package Gen 3 and absolutely love them. Very comfortable and wearing well so far!

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read your post but not all of the responses. I had a Gen 1 and a Gen 2-with recarros....I did NOT get them in the Gen 3. The stock seats with carbon package is really nice and honestly these seats are way more comfortable than the Recarros in my Gen 2. More support for humans and more durable relative to the Recarros in my Gen 2-I have a big dog who would have destroyed all that suede.

I have not sat in a Gen 3 with Recarros but was a really easy decision after sitting in my new Gen 3 to skip the 8k for 37s and an inferior set up inside for me. The 8k difference for an upgraded interior (for me) and cash to work on my truck for wheels I like more, suspension work and 37 inch tires was really, really easy.

TunaSmell

Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this thread and get any any updated opinions on the Recaros before I place my order for a 2022...hopefully tomorrow! After reading the threads on this forum and watching endless youtube videos it seems the majority agree the seat themselves are great, its the blue color that is so controversial. It also seems people who now receiving their 2021 37 package raptors are pleasantly surprised once they see the seats in person. I unfortunately will not have the luxury of experiencing them in person and almost all media indicates pictures and videos do them no justice. I have not come across any reports of anyone regretting the Recaros on the 2021. Since I am ordering a 2022 37 package i can option out the recaros if I want. As for the exterior I was planning on leadfoot but thats out so leaning towards a loaded black truck.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this thread and get any any updated opinions on the Recaros before I place my order for a 2022...hopefully tomorrow! After reading the threads on this forum and watching endless youtube videos it seems the majority agree the seat themselves are great, its the blue color that is so controversial. It also seems people who now receiving their 2021 37 package raptors are pleasantly surprised once they see the seats in person. I unfortunately will not have the luxury of experiencing them in person and almost all media indicates pictures and videos do them no justice. I have not come across any reports of anyone regretting the Recaros on the 2021. Since I am ordering a 2022 37 package i can option out the recaros if I want. As for the exterior I was planning on leadfoot but thats out so leaning towards a loaded black truck.
I have them on my '20. Given the choice, I would not get another Raptor without them. I have had 3 lower back surgeries, I love them for the firm, comfortable support they give.

speed77

Reaction score
37 Oxford white- I really like the look of the blue. Perfect shade. Quality is awesome. However, I think I prefer the leather feel. Believe the leather seats also have more configurability- position of lumbar, seat extension, etc (though someone may want to confirm that). Didn’t have a chance to test back to back but when I drove a 35 a few weeks ago they might have been a better fit for me. Pretty subjective.

However, I really wanted the 37s. If they really don’t do it for me I’ll take a 22 with black leathers once more available.