Beadlock Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V_K

Reaction score
I just got word Ford has finally agreed to replace all 4 rims due to the paint bubbling. It took 3 months and 3 rounds of photos, but it's finally happening.
Hi, I am having a similar issue with all four beadlocked wheels. I only have around 11,500 miles on my 2017 raptor. I am going to my local dealer to make a claim. If I may ask, did you had to go to the same dealership and make 3 claims? Please elaborate how the whole process was like.

thanks.

OP
OP
NES431

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were replaced. The dealer originally told me they were going to have an outside vendor try and fix them. I expressed my concerns about them not looking right and the problem recurring. My customer service rep suggested I call Ford Customer Service directly and let them know about my concerns as the they are often more responsive to direct customer calls than dealers. I called Ford, they did not hesitate to put in a claim review and a day later they called my back and said I was approved for replacement. They contacted the dealer and told them to order new rims. A week later they were on the truck.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am having a similar issue with all four beadlocked wheels. I only have around 11,500 miles on my 2017 raptor. I am going to my local dealer to make a claim. If I may ask, did you had to go to the same dealership and make 3 claims? Please elaborate how the whole process was like.

thanks.

I only submitted one claim with one Dealer, but Ford kept asking for more pictures. It took 3 rounds of photos until Ford finally came through and replaced all 4 rims.

V_K

Reaction score
I got in contact with my local dealership and sent them pics of the pitting on my wheels. They got in contact with the regional rep. Long story short, my local dealership said that this is a wear and tear item, and it’s not covered. I explained that I only have 13,000 miles on it. Hence, I called ford customer assistance, and they told me to bring it back to the dealership and call them again and they will process “Ford financial assistance” in which they will make the customer pay the minimum amount possible for repairs. I don’t even understand why they are doing this in the first place. These wheels should be covered under warranty. Obviously, this is a manufacturer’s defect because I am not the only one who has this issue. I don’t know what to do.. can someone please help!!??

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When it is under the factory bumper to bumper they will replace them, each claim has to be approved via the method you posted.

V_K

Reaction score
UPDATE: Went to the Ford dealership and spoke to customer service. Got approved for replacements for all 4 wheels the same day later that afternoon. Ceramic coated them with gtechniq c5..... Hopefully won’t have this issue again.... Any other tips from preventing my wheels from pitting again??

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE: Went to the Ford dealership and spoke to customer service. Got approved for replacements for all 4 wheels the same day later that afternoon. Ceramic coated them with gtechniq c5..... Hopefully won’t have this issue again.... Any other tips from preventing my wheels from pitting again??

Great that your getting replacements.

On my spare, I noticed some oxidation under the beauty ring. Spray some rust inhibitor under the ring if you run those wheels in the winter.

V_K

Reaction score
Great that your getting replacements.

On my spare, I noticed some oxidation under the beauty ring. Spray some rust inhibitor under the ring if you run those wheels in the winter.

What kind of rust inhibitor would you recommend??