Be a tire critic.. Rate your tires! Help me decide!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
svt_reid

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm liking my Toyo R/T's. They're 73lbs each. Paired with a lightweight wheel they can be the same weight as a stock setup. I like the look of the new KO2 and the lighter weight but they way the All Terrain tread pattern throws rocks makes me shy away from them. The Cooper ST Maxx would be my other choice. They're a little lighter than the Toyo's too but have the same hybrid style tread

What do stock wheels weigh? I have method standards. Not sure of the weight difference there

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
32lbs for stock. 26lbs for method standards. With the toyo's thats 3lbs heavier than a stock wheel and tire. Roughly about the same with the coopers. And if you do duratracs it'll be much lighter than stock. I just don't like goodyears.

OP
OP
svt_reid

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the red letter generals. They have been good to me

This is probably a dumb question. Are the red letters on both sidewalls or just one side? I honestly like the grabbers just not the red letters on my white truck lol

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

32lbs for stock. 26lbs for method standards. With the toyo's thats 3lbs heavier than a stock wheel and tire. Roughly about the same with the coopers. And if you do duratracs it'll be much lighter than stock. I just don't like goodyears.

Any particular reason you don't like goodyears? I kinda like the mt/r's

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My two cents: although I'm not a hard core wheeler some of these badasses, I have had my truck in just about every environment there is. Slick wet rock in the mountains, deep snow and ice on the plains, and just recently in the sand and red rocks of Moab. I'm sure there are combo sets that handle each of these better individually, I have the OEM SE Beadlock wheels with the stock BFG tires. NO ISSUES. Handle it all. No flats. No uneven wear. No heavy road noise. 34,500 miles.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question. Are the red letters on both sidewalls or just one side? I honestly like the grabbers just not the red letters on my white truck lol

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Just the outside! They look better there, lol.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Out of every set I've ever tried, car or truck I always had an out of round tire/tires with a mean vibration. Eagle GT's for my G37, Duratracs on my old Tacoma and MT/R's from my buddies jeep. So as much as I like the idea of the Duratrac's weight and versatility I'll never own a set of goodyears. Not even a free set lol.

OP
OP
svt_reid

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of every set I've ever tried, car or truck I always had an out of round tire/tires with a mean vibration. Eagle GT's for my G37, Duratracs on my old Tacoma and MT/R's from my buddies jeep. So as much as I like the idea of the Duratrac's weight and versatility I'll never own a set of goodyears. Not even a free set lol.

Yea that's understandable. I've never had any goodyears. Only Bfg's and nittos. Anybody have any experience with Mickey thompsons? I love the Baja claws but I've only heard bad things about them specifically. I'll probably end up trying out the toyo RTs. a little heavier than Id like but I have faith in toyo. I think that's a safe bet

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that's understandable. I've never had any goodyears. Only Bfg's and nittos. Anybody have any experience with Mickey thompsons? I love the Baja claws but I've only heard bad things about them specifically. I'll probably end up trying out the toyo RTs. a little heavier than Id like but I have faith in toyo. I think that's a safe bet

Baja Claws are unidirectional and are loud even brand new. They get louder as they wear out. Mickey Thompson tires are great off-road tires. They're expensive, so the price is what put people off, but they're great tires. I've never owned a set, but been around Jeeps with Mickeys and have been impressed with how they hold up off-road, especially around rocks and mud.

D

Deleted member 12951

Any particular reason you don't like goodyears?

I think everyone just has personal reasons. I don't like any goodyears either. I had them on my Camaro that I bought new back in 86'. And let's just say, I haven't purchased any GM or Goodyear products since, yep! And I won't go to a Chevron (or owned by them) gas station.

As far as tires, I only have 16k miles on my truck so far and the BFG's have been fine for me. Even bought another lightly used set that I will use when these wear out.