Battery keeps draining Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FP_RPTR

FP_RPTR

Reaction score
This is why you make FORSCAN modes 1x1, carefully and assess. I realize it’s easy and fun to keep up with the “cool kids” who install 15 FORSCAN mods all at once without even thinking about an “as is” backup, but don’t !

You can either walk back your changes manually, or restore from a FORSCAN backup. if you don’t know the original values, you can get the “as built” values from one of the Ford websites - I don’t recall the site - maybe another FRF can offer a friendly link ?

The one I’m most used to reading about here, is mucking about with the DRL settings. That one seems to contribute to quite a few weird problems.

I made a couple mistakes early on, one was with putting the heated wheel, and the heated / cooled seats icons on the sync home page. That one I entered the wrong table entry and forgot the steering wheel - which was kind of the reason for the exercise in the first place. The other was Lincoln fold mirrors. That one was a typo, the change just didn’t work, so I reverted back and did the mod again from scratch. That worked.

The changes where you have multiple modules involved can be the most challenging.

I know the Jen Too page has a couple mods that disable batter management (BMS). One is the aftermarket subwoofer mod - which turns off auto stop/start.
Yeah I did one at a time after doing the mistake like u mentioned.

The only thing I can not get to work with the auto Tilt mirrors .. which I should return as Built ... that might be my issue now that u say that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Never leave a failed FORSCAN mod installed, unless you’re someone who actually worked in Ford module development or have access to the source code, there’s no way to know what it could affect. If it’s only a single module modified, at least the impact is somewhat limited.

OP
OP
FP_RPTR

FP_RPTR

Reaction score
Never leave a failed FORSCAN mod installed, unless you’re someone who actually worked in Ford module development or have access to the source code, there’s no way to know what it could affect. If it’s only a single module modified, at least the impact is somewhat limited.
That makes total sense ... hopefully tomorrow I have time after work to remove it ... that might be my issue all along

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I hope that’s it, but even if that’s not it, you’ll be able to rule that issue out as a possible cause.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Raptor here. Any time I travel and the truck isn’t started for more than 4 days, the battery dies. First it goes into deep sleep mode, then needs a jump once it goes into deep sleep. I always assumed that was normal. I believe it varies from one car to another but I think most car batteries will die if not started for a period of a few days or longer.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
2019 Raptor here. Any time I travel and the truck isn’t started for more than 4 days, the battery dies. First it goes into deep sleep mode, then needs a jump once it goes into deep sleep. I always assumed that was normal. I believe it varies from one car to another but I think most car batteries will die if not started for a period of a few days or longer.

You need a new battery.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
how many and what modifications

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I’m not trying to make you feel bad or anything but your description is abnormal.
My 2017 is still rocking the stock battery and I know for a fact it will go 2+ weeks without moving and fire right up.

@Nex I think is on to something.
If the battery is questionable the truck will make several attempts to preserve charge. Intelligent entry on the passenger side stops working, the auto stop/start won’t function ; reason will be charging or low batter volts (whatever that menu display says), your truck chimes will come through the dash speaker instead of the main speakers. If the batter was ever replaced, a BMS reset is supposed to be performed. Not sure what the effect of not doing the BMS reset is though.

I’d check for the above low volt symptoms, maybe check for codes as well.