Battery keeps dieing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So out of nowhere last week my truck is having battery/charging issues. The truck sat for a week and when i went to start it noticed it was a little sluggish turning over. Diddnt think about it but got it home and ran the stereo without it bein on. Well that killed the battery completely in about 10 mins. Got it jumped and ran it for a while, drove it, stopped. Next morning, truck was sluggish starting again. Charged the battery till it was full. 24 hours later truck is completly dead. Im at a loss as this came from out of nowhere, havent done any electrical mods/add ons at all since i bought it. Truck is a 2011 with 33000. Anybody got an idea whats going on?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Batteries can just go bad in a snap of a finger. I had 1 go bad from the time i parked to go into a store and come out 30 minutes later. Need to get it load tested.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford batteries suck. Go get a die hard platinum or whatever brand u choose. Most places like auto zone will test your alternator and battery for free.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
glamisbound

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeze I guess thats just really surprising to me. Never seen a battery go bad that quick. But just got back from pepboys, tested the battery and it was done. $215 later my truck has a red top optima. SMH

rsike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they replaced it for free. His car had an electrical problem so the batt was dying every other day. I got him the optima charger to keep it charged until I was home on R&R to trouble shoot his car. They had the Optima batt charging with the optima charger and the thing started cooking and leaking. They smelled it in the house went out to check and it was venting fumes and leaking acid. Good thing it happened in the day and not while they slept.

OP
OP
glamisbound

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they replaced it for free. His car had an electrical problem so the batt was dying every other day. I got him the optima charger to keep it charged until I was home on R&R to trouble shoot his car. They had the Optima batt charging with the optima charger and the thing started cooking and leaking. They smelled it in the house went out to check and it was venting fumes and leaking acid. Good thing it happened in the day and not while they slept.

Very good thing! Could have gotten bad real quick