Battery charge and function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Not a battery expert and looking for general guidance.

Backstory -> Frequently get message about remote features disabled to preserve battery (based on driving habit, short drives). Purchased and used now 3x the Victron Energy Blue Smart Charger 120V.

Manual states charger goes many stages - Charge/Test, Bulk (max charge to 80%), Absorption (trickle to 100%)… to Float (keeps battery charged)..Ready. “Absorption can take “several hours” depending.”

After three separate times using charger over month plus time, each and every time do not get past “absorption”. The other night it was on “absorption” for over three hours when had to disconnect.

Question -> It it “user error” or battery issue or …

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know man. I’d just take it in and see if they’ll swap the battery. My battery just went in my 21 after 11 months. Battery ‘failed’ several tests and they swapped it. Had zero issues up to the day it wouldn’t start

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I understand the issue correctly, I had same issue and if I did not pull over and shut off engine, the screen would go black. After I tightened battery cables, which was obviously loose, no more problem. I have two Raptors and I do not drive the 2021 often. I use a Battery Tender to keep it charged, works well.