Remote Features Disabled to Preserve Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hot damn - thanks.

I reset the battery sensor, and now the battery seems to be charging at 13.5V (previously 12.0V).
Also, you're correct on charging. Page 495 of the manual clearly warns customers not to use the negative battery lead for anything. Instead, use chassis ground - and there seems to be plenty of chassis ground connections within the engine compartment.

Appreciate everyone's comments on this one. Several lessons learned, and I can imagine most other Raptor owners would benefit from this thread. I'm viewing this as "solved" for now, but will report back if I see the error again.

Thanks again
Awesome. I edited my above post to add this:
“Last thing I did, after resetting the sensor was to let the truck sit locked for over 8hrs. Manual states it takes at least 8hrs, without being woken up for the system to fully calibrate.”

Manual states this, which you may have done already. But good info to point out for anyone having issues. I know there was reports early on of dead batteries/low power mode.

Edit: and @FordTechOne beat me to it again by a few minutes. Haha

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn….the interesting stuff you find out here. I’m going to consider myself educated….

jjws1968

Reaction score
Mine did same thing and was a button or switch back by the generator. Once i turned that off never had that problem again. Cant remember if i found it and turned it off on one of the toich screen options or it was a button by the generator. But somehow it was on and i turned it off and bever received that alert again

rudychan

Reaction score
Wow I’m experiencing the same thing. I just got my 22 Raptor a week ago (yeah I know pictures to folllow) and it’s in the shop getting windows tinted and ceramic coated and been getting the same notification over the past few days.
I emailed my salesman to see if I need to bring it back for diagnosis

Navigator55

Reaction score
I got this warning a few times years ago during COVID while working from home and not driving the truck for weeks at a time. I installed a pig tail to plug into the battery tender. I hooked directly to the battery terminals. Looks like I need to move the negative side to a chassis ground. Appreciate the info provided here.

pghraptor34

Reaction score
I have a theory after getting the message a few times as well. The key fob appears to be pretty strong, and I wonder, depending on where you are in the house, if the car is interacting with the fob as if you were approaching it in a parking lot. Usually, I store the fob in a faraday pouch, and the days where I had it in my pocket are the days I got the messages about low battery level. Far from scientific, but food for thought!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow I’m experiencing the same thing. I just got my 22 Raptor a week ago (yeah I know pictures to folllow) and it’s in the shop getting windows tinted and ceramic coated and been getting the same notification over the past few days.
If it’s been sitting in the shop with the door being opened/closed and the ignition on at times the battery will slowly discharge. The message is not an indication that there is a problem with the truck, it is telling you the remote features (Ford Pass) are disabled to preserve the battery’s charge. Being a brand new vehicle it already would have been sitting during transit, so not being driven after delivery is just making it worse. Taking it on an extended drive should get the battery SOC back in the normal range.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time I got this message my truck was also in the shop getting tint and PPF. Like has been said, having the doors opened and closed while working on it will drain the battery. Probably not an issue. Some of the shops will actually out the cars on trickle chargers while they work because of this.

My problem was that I would get the message after fully trickle charging the battery and then going for a drive. Would get the message 1-2hrs later. When I finally watched the voltage level while driving I was getting 12.5-12volts most of the time. Alternator wasn’t kicking on. After doing the above changes, I’m getting 13-14.5 most of the time. If you continue to get this message, it’s easy enough to go for a drive and watch the voltage.