Baja Design S8 30”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully adjusted the angle after they are installed?

Yes, I use a small socket, swivel, patience and a pint.

This is a 1 pint max job, if you are nearing the end of the pint and it’s no better, return to original point of aim, retighten and retire for the night, enjoying more pints and wondering what it is you missed.

Renegage the next night. You could do this on a garage wall if you have enough distance but only as a guideline. You need a little distance to do it correctly. If you have to, tape over the non spot lenses, the spots are easier to aim.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ghost of Black Fridays future...

I agree, S8 first. The difference between s8 and XL80’s

the S8 you can use on the street in a pinch, no oncoming traffic, remote area, you suspect potential wildlife - think remote parkway, lots of woods, mountain roads, etc.

If you nail a road sign with the s8 on, meh. not brilliant, but you’ll live.
Hit that same semi reflective road sign with the XL80s and it will wash out to a bright white spot blaring back at your eyes.

Thats more good and meaty real world analysis of the use of the two lighting systems.

I would be using the S8 similar to as you describe. Careful street use is a must, but you must be aware of your surroundings. Good to know it would be hard to outrun the light output of the S8.

This bar is sounding worthy.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a swivel socket and an extension on one side and a swivel and maybe nothing on the other. It was slightly different angles but have done it mounted tight

MGA

Reaction score
Like a lot have done I started with the Squadron Pros in wide cornering and spot in the bumper pockets along with a KC amber lens. I then added the S8 behind the grill and very much liked them however was still experiencing some concerns running the beach in OBX at night with the stumps and also in the fog /rain so just this week added two BD XL 80s on the A-Pillar with the removable amber lenses. I will take it to the Beach this weekend and will post some pictures showing the various lights. I went with the SDHQ brackets and love the set-up so far. As a heads up if you go this route I had the XL 80 brackets powder coated in gloss black to match the lights versus the stainless stock. A huge shout out to Chris and the guys at Off Road Alliance for all the consultations and help! Pictures will follow next week