Baja Design S8 30”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking to maybe add a Baja Design 30” S8, behind the grill. Would be using the “Raptor Kit”.

Does anyone have any pics demonstrating the lights output?

I heard even behind the grill the output is still very good. How good I would lie to see.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t have pics handy and, currently have the S8 tied in with my XL80’s.

S8 is worth it.

Like Cowboy Coward told Ned Beatty in Deliverance:

“Don’t say anything, just DO it.”

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ha funny you posted this. This is a local buddy. He sent me these pics that day. I’m still waiting to catch up or have him text me some pics from within the truck, so I can see the output. He’s loving it though.

So just do it says a lot. I know the XL80’s are awesome, just haven’t got to that point and want to add more “low profile” lighting first.

Black Friday deals would be a great time for an S8.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I have Rough Country’s behind the grill light bar and really like it. My guess is Baja Design is a little brighter (as well as more expensive). It’s definitely an upgrade worth buying.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As smurf pointed out, someone just made a post about the output: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/baja-designs-s8-30-inch-light-bar.80257/

When you are ready to buy we stock them here at 4x4TruckLEDs.com: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-30-s8-grille-led-light-bar-kit/

You do lose a little light, but not enough you're going to notice. Another option is the new XL Linkable bumper kit. It's a bolt on kit:

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-7-xl-linkable-kit/

We're the first dealer to get this kit in stock actually, it's REALLY awesome

image__35917.1600908627.png

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Yeah - I started with 2x 17” bars behind the grille. Over several Black Fridays I upgraded with pocket lights, then changed out the cheap amazon bars behind the grille to the S8. Last up were the XL80s

the S8 is enough light to PUNK all your squadron pros in the pockets. You know they’re there, but the s8 blasts out a nice solid wall of light. I think the unobstructed squadron pro spot lens may push a little further down the road, but, it’s not light with a good “fill” without help and even from the other squadrons.

Light up the S8 and the road immediately in front of the truck, out to the practical range of the driving combo squadrons. This illumination is night to day quality.

What’s the difference?

How comfortable are you at speed with ONLY a pair of squadron pro spots?
repeat the same test with your S8.

I realize that’s not a fair comparison but it’s illustrative.

The S8 will bring lights at headlight level less subject to obstruction off road and project quite well out to mid range.

Black Friday deals would be a great time for an S8.

That’s what I’m sayin’.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah - I started with 2x 17” bars behind the grille. Over several Black Fridays I upgraded with pocket lights, then changed out the cheap amazon bars behind the grille to the S8. Last up were the XL80s

the S8 is enough light to PUNK all your squadron pros in the pockets. You know they’re there, but the s8 blasts out a nice solid wall of light. I think the unobstructed squadron pro spot lens may push a little further down the road, but, it’s not light with a good “fill” without help and even from the other squadrons.

Light up the S8 and the road immediately in front of the truck, out to the practical range of the driving combo squadrons. This illumination is night to day quality.

What’s the difference?

How comfortable are you at speed with ONLY a pair of squadron pro spots?
repeat the same test with your S8.

I realize that’s not a fair comparison but it’s illustrative.

The S8 will bring lights at headlight level less subject to obstruction off road and project quite well out to mid range.

That’s what I’m sayin’.

Your support for the S8 is strong! I like the facts you laid out and the S8 sounds like the light I have been missing vs just adding another light to my mix. I don’t want to say yeah this S8 takes me another step up and it’s good. But rather hope to say yeah baby where have you been! I want lighting to the next level. I want a nice even spread, some just in front of the truck and some further out as the DC should.

I know the XL80 spot pods on pillar mounts are sheet. But this may be something I do later on.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I know the XL80 spot pods on pillar mounts are sheet. But this may be something I do later on.

The ghost of Black Fridays future...

I agree, S8 first. The difference between s8 and XL80’s

the S8 you can use on the street in a pinch, no oncoming traffic, remote area, you suspect potential wildlife - think remote parkway, lots of woods, mountain roads, etc.

If you nail a road sign with the s8 on, meh. not brilliant, but you’ll live.
Hit that same semi reflective road sign with the XL80s and it will wash out to a bright white spot blaring back at your eyes.