Bad wheel hop...traction bars, deavers, or ? Please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mille_ed

Reaction score
Just a heads up, I have the HD Deavers +2 had them on before getting traction bars,
the HDs are to stiff for street driving, IMHO but if you're going to tow then get them otherwise get the SD.
If something happens to my rear springs I will be going back to SDs.

I don't know about those Traction bars from SVC.
The way they are you may have to remove them for Off-Roading.
I believe I read that on here.
Where as the Rogue Racing ones allow full articulation of the rear axle.
There's a price difference for a reason!

This is silly. You don’t have to remove the svc traction bars for off-roading. That’s where they shine the most. Kills hop going uphill on loose surfaces, gives you predictable traction and lean.

I’m running full mid travel with 17” of stroke in the back and haven’t bound them up. Your truck with stock travel will be more than fine.

OP
OP
J

Jason Kerbs

Reaction score
This is silly. You don’t have to remove the svc traction bars for off-roading. That’s where they shine the most. Kills hop going uphill on loose surfaces, gives you predictable traction and lean.

I’m running full mid travel with 17” of stroke in the back and haven’t bound them up. Your truck with stock travel will be more than fine.
Thanks for your input. Would be pointless to have them. I'm sure SVC knows what they are doing, and I spoke with Jeff from SVC beforehand and he said they would be fine to 18" travel without a doubt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mille_ed

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Would be pointless to have them. I'm sure SVC knows what they are doing, and I spoke with Jeff from SVC beforehand and he said they would be fine to 18" travel without a doubt.

Btw, of all the upgrades to my truck (deavers, shackles, king mid-travel kit), the trac bars are by far my favorite. I wasn’t satisfied with just the improvement going to deavers. The trac bars are fun on and off-road, and extremely noticeable. Turn traction control off on pavement and it’s a hoot.

OP
OP
J

Jason Kerbs

Reaction score
Btw, of all the upgrades to my truck (deavers, shackles, king mid-travel kit), the trac bars are by far my favorite. I wasn’t satisfied with just the improvement going to deavers. The trac bars are fun on and off-road, and extremely noticeable. Turn traction control off on pavement and it’s a hoot.
I can't wait to get them. I see you're in SoCal. Maybe sometime we can go out for a run somewhere. HMU

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I didn't say you have to, I said you may have to.
SVC certainly knows what there doing, no argument from me on that.

I just don't see where there is any pivoting points for the traction bars to allow the rear axle to move forwards and backwards when the springs cycle up and down.
If the traction bars don't allow that then they are pivoting the axle angle.
I guess it's not pivoting the axle angle enough to be a problem.

I can't find the thread were someone argued with me about the cheaper traction bars and off-roading. But someone did.
They claimed that they do bind in a turn in big whoops and when the truck is leaning in a turn and one spring is compressed and the other is drooped then the two traction bars are fighting each other and a few had to take them off.
Kind of makes sense to me, but I don't have them so I can't really say.
I'm just the messenger here, I wasn't there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jason Kerbs

Reaction score
I didn't say you have to, I said you may have to.
SVC certainly knows what there doing, no argument from me on that.

I just don't see where there is any pivoting points for the traction bars to allow the rear axle to move forwards and backwards when the springs cycle up and down.
If the traction bars don't allow that then they are pivoting the axle angle.
I guess it's not pivoting the axle angle enough to be a problem.

I can't find the thread were someone argued with me about the cheaper traction bars and off-roading. But someone did.
They claimed that they do bind in a turn in big whoops and when the truck is leaning in a turn and one spring is compressed and the other is drooped then the two traction bars are fighting each other and a few had to take them off.
Kind of makes sense to me, but I don't have them so I can't really say.
I'm just the messenger here, I wasn't there.
I really wanted the Rogue bars but "settling" for the SVC bars because I can't reach Rogue by phone or email. Someone may have posted a downside to the SVC bars, but I don't know. I'll try them and if I'm not happy then I'll sell them to someone for their pavement princess and get some custom ones built. Maybe I can get the dimensions from someone who has Rogue bars and have them duplicated.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like I said I had an argument saying the SVC bars should be OK, but the person that I had an argument with does do a lot of off-roading with lots of other Raptors.
I think if you're just doing mild off-roading you'll be ok.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's an old video and I used that in my argument but the person insisted that it's an issue in turns.
Like I said before I'm just the messenger.