VDM Issue, Need Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Evan Fowler

Evan Fowler

Reaction score
Yeah I do have a stage 1 KHC slot delete kit installed when they did the spring/uca. So should I raise the front up and try even out/lower the front via the lca connections? Right now the right front sits and inch higher than the left.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought Ford did the alignment already? Not sure you should start adjusting the suspension on your own. Did they give you a print out of the alignment specs, there’s some pro’s on here who know what that stuff means, not me though.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pics of the height sensors on the rpg uppers?

Last edited:

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would loosen the LCA bolts with it sitting normal on the ground, let it settle and then tighten them up. Check on torque spec I’ve seen 200 to 400 ft lb’s. It’s a pain without a drive on lift or a pit.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would loosen the LCA bolts with it sitting normal on the ground, let it settle and then tighten them up. Check on torque spec I’ve seen 200 to 400 ft lb’s. It’s a pain without a drive on lift or a pit.
Yep. Definitely not easy without a 4 post or scissor. Torque spec is 258 lb.ft.

OP
OP
Evan Fowler

Evan Fowler

Reaction score
Ok, so from what I understand I can lower the front maximum an inch with the LCA (I'd try and get ford or another shop to do it, not equipped to do it myself) however that only yields about 19mm, since I'm sitting at 190ish and the max the system will allow is 163mm that still leave another 10ish mm or about half an inch. My OCD really wants the truck to be level across the front so I definitely do that but I still need to get the sensors in a better spot.

I was able to back my truck up an incline and trick the system into accepting the VDM ride height recalibration. Of course when I leveled the truck back out it shows the front sitting about 30mm high on one side and 14ish mm high on the other (both in the front). Winfield (GooseTuned) got back to me and unfortunately there is nothing he can do, his software does not deal with the chassis. So I guess I have to figure out some way to fabricate a way to move the sensors to where the VDM accepts the ride height on level grounds. Thanks for all the help so far, I'll get a measurement for height sensors tonight.