Aux 4 to RSC/ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that is what I thought I was hearing too, i'm just hoping not.

OP
OP
Steele16

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me try again.

Aux 4 off= Everything normal. TCS/ABS on and everything functions

Aux 4 on= No TCS or ABS but also no rear locking diff, no off road mode and no hill descent mode. Basically anything that works off wheel speed sensors doesn't work, which sucks.

Maybe there's a better fuse to work off of somewhere that handles TCS only? I'll work on it more tomorrow.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, well that is the end result I assumed would happen anyways. Good to know this works.

OP
OP
Steele16

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weird thing is that even with the TCS turned off as far as possible, by holding the TCS button down, my truck would never do a good brake assisted burn out. Just wouldn't. The brake over accelerator feature stopped it. Now, it's fine. Burns the tires off at will. Very confusing.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you pull the fuse/power for the abs/rsc you lose the function for off road mode and hill decent like you figured out. Because the systems interconnect its difficult to purposely cut one but not the other. You could regain the locker by powering that once you kill the power to the abs/rsc. You would still be with out hill decent and off road mode but I'm not a fan of either of those anyways.

I looked at doing the same bypass several years ago. I ditched the idea because I didn't want to damage the electronic brake traction control module by flipping the power on and off while the truck was running. All these modules in new vehicles are pretty sensitive and not cheap as it is. For me it wasn't worth the risk. If I were to do it, I'd turn the truck off and pull the power to the abs/rsc then turn the truck on. Same deal turning the abs/rsc back on.

Last edited:

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The weird thing is that even with the TCS turned off as far as possible, by holding the TCS button down, my truck would never do a good brake assisted burn out. Just wouldn't. The brake over accelerator feature stopped it. Now, it's fine. Burns the tires off at will. Very confusing.

Now its fine with with the abs fuse deactivated via the aux? or even with it on?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the relay he wired is basically simulating pulling the fuse out. its just skipping the whole getting out of the truck and pulling the fuse part. if he were to turn off the truck, replace the fuse, and start it up again, im sure everything will work fine. unless there is some fault code that gets stored in the computers memory. which i dont think there is.