Aux 4 to RSC/ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled my abs fuse (36, big square 30A one) and confirmed it does indeed kill the nannys. My next step is to wire Aux switch 4 to power the circuit. My question is will this be enough power, being that Aux 4 is rated to 10 Amp and the pulled fuse is 30 amp? Is there anyway to know how much power that system could pull? I could use Aux 2 but would rather not if possible.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you but i'm glad you're trying this.

OP
OP
Steele16

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have partial results tonight either way... I'm going to hook it up to Aux 4, power the circuit turning TC on, then go slide it around and see what happens. If it blows the Aux 4 fuse I can change that fuse to a higher amp rating I think.

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have partial results tonight either way... I'm going to hook it up to Aux 4, power the circuit turning TC on, then go slide it around and see what happens. If it blows the Aux 4 fuse I can change that fuse to a higher amp rating I think.

The wire for Aux 4 is a very small gage (24 I think but not sure exactly) and will not be able to handle 30 amps. If the 10 amp fuse blows DO NOT just put in Higher amp fuse! Unless you want to burn your Raptor to the grown.

I would recommend adding a relay into the power wire for the nannies (and leave the factory 30 amp fuse in place). If you can get a normally closed relay the nannies will work like normal with Aux 4 off (or what ever switch you want to connect it to) but when you flip on Aux 4 and send power to the relay it will open, cutting power to the nannies. Might be a little harder to find a normal closer 12 volt relay but the advantage of going that route is that if something fails you won't lose the nannies. Of you go with a normal open relay it would just work backwards.

OP
OP
Steele16

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect thats what i needed to know!

So instead of trying to chase a Single wire out of the bottom of the fuse box, couldn't I wire the relay in place of the factory fuse? Then add an inline 30amp fuse?

Last edited:

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The nannies are the driving assists that the 13's have the keep us from being able to burn out or do donuts.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Could you just refit your aux switch with larger gauged wiring for the sake of aesthetics and wanting to just use an aux switch as opposed to installing a relay near the fuse box.