Aux 4 to RSC/ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I keep learning all sorts of shit ford jacked up in the 13. First I find out I don't have a DVD player. Not that I'd ever use it but it's the principle that matters and now I learn I can't do a burnout. This is horseshit.

Basically, this mod would allow you to disable these "safety features" along with abs via the aux switch so you can "play" when you feel like it?...

push and hold the traction control and you can melt your tire off the only time the nannies go off is when you get too much body roll. So if you drift with out body roll or do donuts without tipping the truck you can do anything a regular truck can. look at tanners video the truck did not tip or have enough body roll to make the nannies work at full. just play with it have fun.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wiilson, tanners truck was modified in some way. i dont think every 13 owner can be wrong. the older trucks can do that, but we can not. no matter how long we hold the tc button down.

OP
OP
Steele16

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything works fine after switching the relay back closed on mine. No lights or codes thrown.

When my truck was new it absolutely would not do a power brake burnout. I tried it every way possible right there at theb dealer on delivery. Starting in 12 Ford supposedly implemented brake over accelerator, I'm assuming because of all the prius crap. Now it has no problem doing it at all as long as everything is shut down.

Can the locker be run to the hot wire for aux 4 in my case and be turned on directly?

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy and I spent half an hour trying to get my truck do break the tires loose. Both levels of traction control, any and all settings.

The only success I had was in backing up a hill; it would scratch tires like nobody's business doing that.

Dejected isn't the word. I like that the truck is capable of going just about anywhere I want to take it, but I despise not being able to light the tires up.

I figured I got a dud; didn't know Ford had neutered the '13 model like they have or I'd have considered buying a used one. Glad to know it's just Ford jacking with us and not that my truck is a gutless POS from the start.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Couldn't you have a tuner just deactivate all the nannies in a tune? I know I had my tuner disable all traction control and everything on my previous vehicles...

Pain in the ass to have to change the tune every time you go offroad, but might be worth it if it's possible.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, it was for rltw. but since you are here, does the computer store any falut codes for the abs system if the fuse is pulled?

It will store a fault code but won't demand the light. Other modules like the body control module will also show a no communication code from the ebtcm. The stored code doesn't affect function.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

There's definitely a loop hole in the strategy when it come to the tc system because you're not the first person ive heard find one day you can burn the tires off and the next you can't. Even my 10 has its days where for no rhyme or reason the tc still tries to kick in after I've done the ten second procedure. Some days she wants to be routy and some days she doesn't.