Auto Up/Down Windows stopped working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry in advance if there's an answer, I searched and found no instances of this problem occurring.

Anyone have this happen to them? All other windows auto-up/down work, as expected.

Passenger window, no dice. It goes up and down, but wont auto-up or down.

A small inconvenience - but curious if this will become a nightmare when I likely have to go to dealer for warranty coverage to fix

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the Owners Manual:

Resetting One-Touch Close
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
1. Close the window.
2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
4. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
5. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.

Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You the man @FordTechOne - going to give that a try. I feel like an idiot now not looking at owners manual - would have never assumed an answer to be there. Duh

cobering55

Reaction score
My window when I open it shakes bc it doesn’t go down fast enough like when u open and close the door it moves an inch but on the drivers door it seems to not be fast enough and makes the window shake when opening

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All other windows auto-up/down work, as expected.
All other windows, meaning the only other window? My truck only has two that are auto up/down... I wish the rear did it as well. Please tell me I'm an idiot and there's a way to enable this. Back in the day I got modules from a junkyard Taurus and spliced them into my Rangers, but it's a different game, now.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All other windows, meaning the only other window? My truck only has two that are auto up/down... I wish the rear did it as well. Please tell me I'm an idiot and there's a way to enable this. Back in the day I got modules from a junkyard Taurus and spliced them into my Rangers, but it's a different game, now.
directed 535t