AUDIO Gurus i need a little help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Subs under seat

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Are you sure you only have 5" of mounting depth? I was able to get subs with a 6.5" mounting depth mounted under the rear seats of my Titan with a minor seat lift.

Also, if you were opposed to doing a seat lift, you could always forward fire your subs. Just another thought.

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure you only have 5" of mounting depth? I was able to get subs with a 6.5" mounting depth mounted under the rear seats of my Titan with a minor seat lift.

Also, if you were opposed to doing a seat lift, you could always forward fire your subs. Just another thought.

Yeah most boxes are 5" or less space. I shopped around a bit. The seat just sits low. Really don't wanna lift the seat either. How could I foward face them? Not enough height for the 6" deep sub how can i fit 10"? Maybe if the box stuck out further than the seats which I wouldn't do.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

what do u guys think for subs?

also found these Sound-Q Woofers

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah most boxes are 5" or less space. I shopped around a bit. The seat just sits low. Really don't wanna lift the seat either. How could I foward face them? Not enough height for the 6" deep sub how can i fit 10"? Maybe if the box stuck out further than the seats which I wouldn't do.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

what do u guys think for subs?

also found these Sound-Q Woofers

I found this online. You might be interested although I'd run a different amp with a little bit more power. I used to run an Alpine PDX 1.600 in my truck with my old system and it's a great amp in a small package. So it'd have no problem fitting right there in that little nook on this box.

2009 to 2012 Ford F150 Supercrew sub subwoofer Box Crew Cab Crewcab Enclosure | eBay

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
possible new front runner for sub if i buy new SD-2 Series

any experience anyone?

I've never heard anything bad about their products. And I run their SAE-1000D amp in my truck and I've never had a problem with it.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

And they should pound at 500 watts RMS. I feel like an Alpine PDX 1.1000 monoblock would be perfect for you setup because it packs a punch and it's tiny!

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

High Desert Mobile Electronics | Facebook

Here is what I did. Jacob at High Desert Mobile Electronics is completely up to speed on what can go where. Give him a call. He is in Albuquerque

bad ass install. looks like u built ur own box. what subs r those?

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i was able to move and cut enough stuff to fit my amp behind the seat. so now i need a better box.
any one ever use subthump boxes? i might grab one because the supercrew box doesnt have enough space between the box and floor for sub excursion for what i am goin to run in there. if anyone uses subthump give me some feed back plz

2009 & Up F150 Supercrew Dual Downfire Subwoofer Enclosure