AUDIO Gurus i need a little help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i was able to move and cut enough stuff to fit my amp behind the seat. so now i need a better box.
any one ever use subthump boxes? i might grab one because the supercrew box doesnt have enough space between the box and floor for sub excursion for what i am goin to run in there. if anyone uses subthump give me some feed back plz

2009 & Up F150 Supercrew Dual Downfire Subwoofer Enclosure

It looks alright. This guy built both of the boxes I have in my current truck. My current box has 1 cu.ft. sealed for each side. Cut for 2 12"s and fits a 6.5" mounting depth upfiring. His box also came sealed internally with fiberglass resin. And he also put "TITAN" in raised letters on the front of the box for me. I also know that his daily driver is a 2009 or 2010 F150 Crew Cab so he should know the specs pretty well.

His website is Tech12volts.com ...snag his contact information and see what he can do for you. Just another thought. You might be able to snag a little bit more mounting depth and get some more powerful subs. Then again maybe not. Good luck.

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks alright. This guy built both of the boxes I have in my current truck. My current box has 1 cu.ft. sealed for each side. Cut for 2 12"s and fits a 6.5" mounting depth upfiring. His box also came sealed internally with fiberglass resin. And he also put "TITAN" in raised letters on the front of the box for me. I also know that his daily driver is a 2009 or 2010 F150 Crew Cab so he should know the specs pretty well.

His website is Tech12volts.com ...snag his contact information and see what he can do for you. Just another thought. You might be able to snag a little bit more mounting depth and get some more powerful subs. Then again maybe not. Good luck.

Thanks I will def give it a shot!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When building a box it is important to have the appropriate amount of volume. If you do not it does not matter how big the sub is or the amount of power you are putting through it. When building a box (I have done many over the years) always go with the best speaker you can so that later you are not stuck if you decide to upgrade after you fry one lol. When I am designing a system always start with the sub to ensure that yes there is room to build a box that will provide adequate volume to allow the speaker to function properly without being too obtrusive and then how much CLEAN power you need to put feed it!!

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ur the man. Ordered subs and enclosure setup for new subs right from him at a great price. He will fiberglass the inside of box and make sure it has the right air space. He is also goin to have it say SVT raptor across the front. Goin with the sundown subs they seem to be built tough and the hit hard while still keeping good tight sound quality.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ur the man. Ordered subs and enclosure setup for new subs right from him at a great price. He will fiberglass the inside of box and make sure it has the right air space. He is also goin to have it say SVT raptor across the front. Goin with the sundown subs they seem to be built tough and the hit hard while still keeping good tight sound quality.

Glad you got it all figured out. What did you end up going with for your subs/amp?

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad you got it all figured out. What did you end up going with for your subs/amp?

amp- i am using the one i stated earlier. its an older audiobahn that i have used for 3 different systems and it has done a great job.

subs-i went with the sundown audio sd-2's. for the money i couldnt find a sub that had as much rms or excursion. they look to be a well built sub that will hit hard and still have good SQ. what i also like about them is on youtube u can look up tests they run on them and the abuse they take.

i talked to james today and seemed very nice and i dont think u can get a better built box for the money. they seem to make a bullet proof box with a nice style and the price is the same as a shit prefab box. is that your titan box on the webstie gallery??

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
amp- i am using the one i stated earlier. its an older audiobahn that i have used for 3 different systems and it has done a great job.

subs-i went with the sundown audio sd-2's. for the money i couldnt find a sub that had as much rms or excursion. they look to be a well built sub that will hit hard and still have good SQ. what i also like about them is on youtube u can look up tests they run on them and the abuse they take.

i talked to james today and seemed very nice and i dont think u can get a better built box for the money. they seem to make a bullet proof box with a nice style and the price is the same as a shit prefab box. is that your titan box on the webstie gallery??

No. Those Titan boxes on his site are not mine.

Here is a picture of the first box and subs he got for me:
P1010351.jpg
2 10" Boston Acoustics G1's and an Alpine PDX-1.600

I wanted a louder system after awhile and sold this whole setup (subs, box, amp) to a guy in Colorado for my asking price in about 4 hours. He loved it, but I'm a bass lover and wanted more.

This is the second box that he built for me. You'll notice he slashed off the edges of the box which look cooler and make it less intrusive. He made it to spec for the woofers I picked out. 2 12" RE Audio SE's and a Sundown SAE-1000D amp. I bought the box and amp through him.

Here's a few pictures of the current setup.
P1010145-1.jpg
P1010148.jpg
P1010143-1.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
looks good. those RE's are a nice choice. they are great subs.

Yep. I've thoroughly enjoyed them. I had one of them go bad back in March and just recently had them both re-coned by PSI and they will be reinstalled soon. They did their job though. I pretty much have the music up every time I'm in my truck. Ran them like that for 3 years and they were used by another guy for a year and half when I bought them.