Anyone worried about the gearing of the 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just watched a raptor enthusiast vid and he was very down on the gearing and power when going with the 37 package. Ford basically didn’t change anything in regards to the bigger tire minus the longer suspension.

is aftermarket a lot of fellas plans when they go 37s?

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 to 37 is nothing.

the thing has ten gears. nobody is going to notice.

for those skeptical, i would encourage you to run a gear / rpm / speed chart. you will see the absolutely meaningless difference is rpm at a particular gear / speed.

now if we have a significant weight difference, all bets are off. :)

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 37 inch tires, the engine speed with be about 300 RPM less in 1st gear and about 100 RPM less in 10th, at any given road speed... compared to a truck with 35's. Not that big a deal considering there are 10 forward ratios.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, doubt you'll notice. I had an AEV Ram on 40's, stock was a 34. No regear and i didn't notice much difference except in braking and that's a much much bigger tire than stock.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s a shame that Ford didn’t upgrade to 430 gears on the 37 package, that’s the closest gear to keep it inline with the 35/410 combo. I suspect they felt that it would be too costly.

OP
OP
4wheelinAZ

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback in here. I’ve never had a truck with 37s which is why I was curious.
I’m starting to think however, do I even need 37s for what im going to be doing with my Rap. That ugly blue interior might be enough to make my decision for me……