Anyone got a 2019 owner review ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lemacfar

Reaction score
Are any of you ‘19 owners having engine rattles on startup?

Now that it’s getting colder out my ‘17 is starting to sound like a can of bolts on startup again. Still cranks up and takes off like we’re late for an excessive acceleration ticket though.
Actually my problems a little worst. Brought the 19 home with 20 miles on it, turned it over for the wife and it died. Then I noticed every time I cold started , it would sputter and die. Took it to the dealer and they told me it might be the fuel pressure switch which they ordered me.

Very weird on a brand new truck

Raptor Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually my problems a little worst. Brought the 19 home with 20 miles on it, turned it over for the wife and it died. Then I noticed every time I cold started , it would sputter and die. Took it to the dealer and they told me it might be the fuel pressure switch which they ordered me.

Very weird on a brand new truck
Very weird but very rarely things do parts come bad from factory. Hope it’s an easy fix.

As for rattle I haven’t noticed on my 19. I’ll take that into consideration next cold start.(I don’t daily it - so it’s hard to remember what it sounds like) I do have 570 miles now. Feels great. No rattles, twin panel roof doesn’t seem to leak, ride feels great. Smooth in normal mode, stiffer in sport mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kromealt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded my 18 for a 19 and drove it 1300 miles home. Ran my forscan tweaks and moved most of my mods over (got a new set of Geisers/Deaver+3 coming this weekend)...now I have some impressions and some intel that I never saw mentioned while doing research...

Like:
  • Live-Valve shocks - I expected these to be a gimmick but for me they're really not - much more planted and controlled drive, lot less body roll. Looking forward to really pushing on these hard around moab and my normal trails.
  • Transmission - my 18 occasionally shifted hard, and constantly hard in Sport mode - it never got better after 15k miles. The 19 shifts great in all modes
  • Autowiper box behind the mirror is MUCH smaller - leaves quite a bit more room for my Thinkware F770 dashcam
  • EVIC icons, layout and colors had minor updates compared to 18 - again, pretty minor but I like the changes
  • Steering wheel - the overall design is the same but the craftsmanship of the 19 wheel is much better made, the diameter feels slightly smaller but it could just be the material is tighter around the wheel. They changed a couple buttons like cruise control resume and the raptor emblem is nice. Also, wheel sport mode isn't nearly as stiff as 18 was.
  • Pano roof is awesome - didn't have it on my 18 ;)

Dislike:
  • Seats with cloth bolsters - It's important for me to have full leather seats because of dog hair - I wanted Recaro but didn't get for this reason. The standard seats with the honeycomb cloth bolsters collects hair like crazy
  • Rear seats - the unlock mechanism is no longer a grab handle under the seat and is now the oldschool pull ******** the side near seatbelt. Seats also don't lock as easy in up position. Going backwards here
  • The spare tire key - this is nitpicking as I don't normally use it but the key is pure metal with no plastic handle, the key end is very tiny and I had to use a wrench on the key to unlock my spare
  • Rust - truck had 10 miles on it with quite a bit of underbody rust already from Ohio humidity. Planned to clean it up and run some amsoil HD underbody but it's still annoying on a brand new truck

Other:
  • Electric E-Brake now - Didn't notice they changed this until I got home, it's neat and I like it so far but did expect to have the pedal
  • Trimmed front pinch weld and fenders for my 37s - Ford no longer has the white honeycomb plastic piece behind fender - still has the massive PWM but now just a big gap between fender and body.
  • My 18 was a great truck but it had issues, like being in the shop for a month to replace an injector, Alternator/battery failure, stutter and ran poorly when cold - hopefully I have a better run with the 19
Verdict is still out on some things and I haven't crawled around the engine bay yet - overall the truck feels a little cheaper in some areas but better in others so it's kind of a wash...so far so good.

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Traded my 18 for a 19 and drove it 1300 miles home. Ran my forscan tweaks and moved most of my mods over (got a new set of Geisers/Deaver+3 coming this weekend)...now I have some impressions and some intel that I never saw mentioned while doing research...

Great review, matches what I've pieced together so far. BTW, the tech in the mirror is for autowipers, not for ACC.

ToucanLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fox live shocks are a phenomenal upgrade - jumping it is an insane feeling now - on landing the entire truck squats down with no bounce when the shocks go to full stiff really insane feeling

Ride quality on road is much softer with less crashing over square edge hits - that chump on TFL Truck clearly hasn’t spent any time in the 17/18 because on road ride quality is much improved with fox live

Sport mode reduces understeer on pavement at the limit dramatically - took it through the canyons and on the limit it’s quiet balanced now old truck would understeer like a pig

Off-road mode is super cushy when blasting down fireroads and washboards

Have had a 13’ - 17’ and now 19’

Exhaust is louder inside cabin too

Shifting much better and smoother / faster in sport mode

Steering calibration feels better - much more feeling through the wheel and less artificial feeling

Bluetooth phone quality is insanely better - nobody could hear me on the 17’

Start stop cruise is sick in traffic

Quieter inside sounds like better weather sealing or more sound deadning

Recaros hold you under your armpits much better on corners, blue stitching is really nice

New gauges are neat and nice to see oil temp

B&O system is way better than the old Sony junk

Electric parking brake is a nice feature

Only thing I don’t like is the removal of the changeable interior accent lighting and the PRNDM illumination

Overall feels much more refined with better fit and finish

It’s .5” higher in the front than my 17 was when measuring fender to hub

Last edited:

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the above is 100% the same as I feel and can attest to your narrative. I also noticed that it seems higher in the front then my 2017 and hoping that I wont need collars to adjust my truck for the new 20x10’s going in on Wednesday. I am going with K0’2 and 35;s to hopefully help with room and rubbing.

The B&O is much nicer than my Sony and I noticed some new gauges also for the oil and engine temp today. Engine seems more quiet at idle for me also - my 2017 had a rattle to it though.

Northraptor2

Reaction score
A question for those who have upgraded from 2017/2018 to the 2019.

Price difference for me is $4000 Canadian for a 2018 vs 2019. Plus the 8-12 week wait.

Do you feel the 2019 is worth the wait and the little higher price?

That $4000 would pay for the extra parts I plan to buy before driving the truck.

Sure wish there was a leadfoot option for 2019.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s worth it because in March 2019 you going to wish you waited those additional weeks to get the one you really wanted.

The novelty will run off either way and at some point it becomes just a vehicle again. So make the financial decision that works best for your wallet.

ToucanLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A question for those who have upgraded from 2017/2018 to the 2019.

Price difference for me is $4000 Canadian for a 2018 vs 2019. Plus the 8-12 week wait.

Do you feel the 2019 is worth the wait and the little higher price?

That $4000 would pay for the extra parts I plan to buy before driving the truck.

Sure wish there was a leadfoot option for 2019.

1000% worth it for the shocks alone if you actually use the truck. If it's a mall crawler go for an 18'.