Anyone drive in 4A and seems to hunt for traction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeez why get personal? I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! ITS MY TRUCK!!!! IM NOT SOME ******** YAHOO!!! To get the rear axle into Low 4WD ALL Raptors go through the center differential gears. A true AWD "Clutch Pack" in the center differential can be biased front or rear or true 100% power to front or rear! Also my truck will shift out of 4A when I choose Sport Mode and go to 2H. It will NOT go back 4A by turning the knob. Give me break! Maybe you should read your manual. The lock button on the 4x4 button is TRANSFER CASE LOCK.

Do you Twizzle Stix own an early 2017 Raptor Screw 802A with Torsen Front Diff? If not then shut your Front Door please. My Raptor's Build Date is January 2017 so the transfer case and / or traction control and / or 4A configuration is obviously different. My truck was an early production new car show truck with Grindstaff for Johnson City, TN. in March 2017.

Until YOU drive my truck don't tell me what my truck does OK? WTF? Don't project your ignorance onto my description of how my truck operates! And don't disrespect people who you disagree with you by calling them names! Its a true sign of low IQ! We are not in 5th grade anymore!!!

HT

Saying you don't have a clue isn't personal. It's a observable/verifiable fact. I don't need to drive your truck. Ford did not make yours differently then the thousands that came before, or after it. No one is saying the rear drive shaft isn't connected through the transfer case. The wet clutch packs however are driving the front wheels, not the rear. Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Period, end of story. You didn't even know how to use sport mode in 4A and thought the button was a "transfer case differential lock" whatever the **** that means.

Whats next? You're going to tell us you blew the welds on the manifold and have a stand alone fuel management system?

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:goofy_batman:
Saying you don't have a clue isn't personal. It's a observable/verifiable fact. I don't need to drive your truck. Ford did not make yours differently then the thousands that came before, or after it. No one is saying the rear drive shaft isn't connected through the transfer case. The wet clutch packs however are driving the front wheels, not the rear. Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Period, end of story. You didn't even know how to use sport mode in 4A and thought the button was a "transfer case differential lock" whatever the **** that means.

Whats next? You're going to tell us you blew the welds on the manifold and have a stand alone fuel management system?

Ill post video. I don't know exactly why the front wheels spin, on wet when rear wheels are on dry but they do. Maybe its a traction control thing forcing power to the front. I DO KNOW what I'm talking about. You have not observed sh-t. So again until you do Shut your Front Door. You obviously dont have a clue what you are talking about. The Lock for the Transfer Case Center Differential is exactly that. The Transfer Case is a Differential between the front and rear drive shafts. Crawl under your truck and follow the drive shafts into the transfer case, if you know what those are.

Absolutely no courtesy in your conversations. You will believe what you want to believe regardless of the verifiable observable facts that you have NOT confirmed! The proof you do NOT know WTF you are talking about is the operation of my 4A. When Im in 4A and choose Sport Mode on the Center Screen the truck automatically shifts to 4H. Turning the knob to 4A will not change it, it stays in 2H. If I start with Sport Mode and turn knob to 4A it will not change. But you tell me I don't know how to use Sport Mode? If I see you at a signal light I WILL SHOW YOU how Sport Mode works. LOL

My truck is configured differently than yours for 4A. You want to live in your false reality take it somewhere else. Ive been driving all kinds of 4x4's and AWD's since 1977. Mechanical Hub Locks and Shifter for Transfer Case, Full time AWD, Electronic AWD, push button 4WD with Neutral Power Take Off, Super Handling Torque Vectoring AWD, and now the Raptor. Do NOT tell me I sont know what I am talking about. I'm sharing info. Others on FRF have similar experiences with the Torque Steering to Center. The rear wheels are not causing that. Its more piwer to the front wheels causing torque steering. Do you even know what that is?

So Twizzle how many years 4x4 mechanical experience do you have? Stop wasting my time. You are clueless!

As for thousands of Raptors built before mine, not Gen 2's. Mine is January 2017 build date so maybe a few thousand Gen 2's before mine. My VIN ends in HFB08386. Again you are showing your ingnorance. There have been several Value Engineering Changes since then and some enhancements.

Maybe a Ford Engineer who knows Gen 2 Raptors can explain this.

I'm done with this thread.

Laters, HT

Last edited:

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Ill post video. I don't why the front wheels spin, on wet when rear wheels are on dry but they do. Maybe its a traction control thing forcing power to the front. I DO KNOW what I'm talking about. You have not observed sh-t. So again until you do Shut the Front Door. You obviously dont have a clue what you are talking about.

Absolutely no courtesy in your conversations. You will believe what you want to believe regardless of the verifiable observable facts that you have NOT confirmed! The proof you do NIT know WTF you are talking about is the operation of my 4A. When Im in 4A and choose Sport Mode on the Center Screen the truck automatically shifts to 4H. Turning the knob to 4A will not change it, it stays in 2H. If I start with Sport Mode and turn knob to 4A it will not change.

My truck is configured differently than yours for 4A. You want to live in your false reality take it somewhere else. Ive been driving all kinds of 4x4's and AWD's since 1977. Mechanical Hub Locks and Shifter for Transfer Case, Full time AWD, Electronic AWD, push button 4WD with Neutral Power Take Off, Super Handling Torque Vectoring AWD, and now the Raptor. Do NOT tell me I sont know what I am talking about. I'm sharing info. Others on FRF have similar experiences with the Torque Steering to Center. The rear wheels are not causing that. Its more piwer to the front wheels causing torque steering. Do you even know what that is?

So Twizzle how many years 4x4 mechanical experience do you have? Stop wasting my time. You are clueless!

Laters, HT

HT, I have 6 decades + of "experience" with automotive systems. I've driven competitively in several National racing programs. I have a wall of trophies, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I've already described the reality of what you're seeing/feeling. It's a normal function of the Torsen or "Torque biasing" front differential. Now, you're just making shit up to fit your perception of reality, so for YOU, perception is reality, so relax and enjoy your ignorance. LOL You're the poster boy for so many on this forum and some others as well. They observed a phenomenon that they "think" they understand, so rather than do some real research into the issue like a few others on this forum have done, you just make shit up to fit your beliefs(perception). I hate to say it, but you are not a minority in this world of "just make shit up" to support your incorrect beliefs. Bless your heart. Maybe you will wake up to a big POP sound one day as your head pops out of your ass and you can see actual reality rather than a skewed perception of it. Good Luck, you're gonna need it in your situation.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @smurfslayer Is this guy HT another Squatch alias or just another ignorant forum member?

Hey Twizzle, maybe you are the Squatch. Never heard a cockier attitude name calling member than you. Im not making anything up. This is exactly what I have OBSERVED IN REALITY.

So please stop telling me what I am observing until you observe and confirm it OK. Your unconfirmed OPINION is just that! So chill.

Just because you are a supporting member doesnt buy you the right to act like a cocky tool!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Hey Twizzle, maybe you are the Squatch. Never heard a cockier attitude name calling member than you. Im not making anything up. This is exactly what I have OBSERVED IN REALITY.

So please stop telling me what I am observing until you observe and confirm it OK. Your unconfirmed OPINION is just that! So chill.

Just because you are a supporting member doesnt buy you the right to act like a cocky tool!

Not calling you any names HT. Go back and read my posts. I'm just forming adjectives to describe your observed behavior. You don't even realize that you're making it up. You have observed something and formed a conclusion based on factual ignorance. Pretty simple actually, so you're not special at all. Like I said before, bless your heart and good luck.

This is going nowhere with you, so I'm out until you learn some facts. See ya!

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Just because you are a supporting member doesn't buy you the right to act like a cocky tool!

All I can picture now is that scene from Beauty and the Beast where all the household appliances come to life and start dancing around! @Hawaii Time dancing around as a grumpy Tool calling Twizzle a tool!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

:untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled::untitled: