GEN 2 Anyone do e85?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys testing the ethanol content prior to filling up and then testing again to make sure you are close to e50? Or are you guys just using a calculator foe the mix and just hoping its close?

I purchased an e50 tune and am looking to install an ethanol sensor so i can tie it to the ngauge for monitoring. Main concern would be that the e85 from the pump varies but i guess I could always just go a little over on the e85.

Where on LI are you? I am on long island, there a two stations that always run high content even in winter.

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I have a station near me called gasoline heaven in commack, they have a seperate pump that is literally high grade race E85, always measured.

LIRaptor

Reaction score
Also I have a station near me called gasoline heaven in commack, they have a seperate pump that is literally high grade race E85, always measured.
Thanks for the info, good to know. I am most likely going to try running e50 and see how it goes but I would definitely like to atleast have an ethanol content analyzer in place for some peace of mind. A tank of fuel under normal driving lasts me 5 to 6 weeks for the most part. I work in the city and take the train so don't put too many miles on the truck. I just dont want to get to the point where its a total chore to have to fuel up and obviously don't want to kill an engine.

It seems like most other cars are capable of receiving an input from an ethanol content analyzer at the ecu and are able to adjust accordingly for varying ethanol contents but i have not come across anything like this for the raptor yet aside from the Livernois setup which is a full fuel system upgrade.

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, good to know. I am most likely going to try running e50 and see how it goes but I would definitely like to atleast have an ethanol content analyzer in place for some peace of mind. A tank of fuel under normal driving lasts me 5 to 6 weeks for the most part. I work in the city and take the train so don't put too many miles on the truck. I just dont want to get to the point where its a total chore to have to fuel up and obviously don't want to kill an engine.

It seems like most other cars are capable of receiving an input from an ethanol content analyzer at the ecu and are able to adjust accordingly for varying ethanol contents but i have not come across anything like this for the raptor yet aside from the Livernois setup which is a full fuel system upgrade.

If the car sits for extended periods of time I would be worried about letting it sit with E85 in it, it can at times gum up injectors and fuel pumps, had it happen to my high HP porsche turbo......

LIRaptor

Reaction score
It gets driven almost everyday but i put less than 10 miles a day on it. I know the ethanol can be a problem on fuel systems and when left alone. I do alot of boating and worked on boats for about 10 years, e10 alone wreaks havoc on many marine fuel systems.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On our device you can view ethanol content we have a video on a mustang that shows the measurement on our dyno. Now once again that is the beauty of flex fuel because it will adjust to any ethanol level down to 93 or 91.

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the car sits for extended periods of time I would be worried about letting it sit with E85 in it, it can at times gum up injectors and fuel pumps, had it happen to my high HP porsche turbo......
I’ve been FBO and E85 on my GTR for probably 4 years now. I was turned to Lucas oil’s E85 fuel conditioner. I run it in every tank. I havent seen any issues especially since I barely drive the GTR. A few years ago, I opened up my fuel basket to see how my filters looked, and they were very clean. So I hope that stuff is work8ng but who knows.....

Also, it’s hard to read your posts when I can’t stop starring at your profile pic.... Lmao!!!!!

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It gets driven almost everyday but i put less than 10 miles a day on it. I know the ethanol can be a problem on fuel systems and when left alone. I do alot of boating and worked on boats for about 10 years, e10 alone wreaks havoc on many marine fuel systems.

My thing is, the gauge will do nothing for u. What if they put 93 octane in an e85 pump for some odd reason and ur running 93 octane instead of e85, the gauge doesn’t change any parameters in the tune just tells u the octane. Now if it adapted the tune different story but if ur tuned for e50 and u miscalculated or estimated what was in the tank and it came out e30 the gauge is reading, what do u do now?