GEN 2 Anyone do e85?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been FBO and E85 on my GTR for probably 4 years now. I was turned to Lucas oil’s E85 fuel conditioner. I run it in every tank. I havent seen any issues especially since I barely drive the GTR. A few years ago, I opened up my fuel basket to see how my filters looked, and they were very clean. So I hope that stuff is work8ng but who knows.....

Also, it’s hard to read your posts when I can’t stop starring at your profile pic.... Lmao!!!!!

I post that profile pic for EVERYONES enjoyment lmao, and the clarity and sizing just fit perfectly lmaooo.

Yea sitting is the problem, like for months especially if ur running a little bit higher then e85 more like e90, then it’s thta much less gas. Also u were probably still on a stock tank and just upgraded injectors, once u start getting into surge tanks which had three pumps in it and two jet pumps in tank and huge I hectors and lines more fuel will sit elsewhere.

On the Porsche turbo I blew the head off one run because I decided to run C85 and after I blew it the company then released literally like the next day their injectors aren’t compatible with c85.

But the car sat without being ran for about several months, I’ll try to find the pictures of the gunked up fuel pumps and what not. A bolt on car that’s ran at least once every 2 weeks per day should never have a problem at all, makes me think I should have my truck running e30 as standard lmao.....

LIRaptor

Reaction score
My thing is, the gauge will do nothing for u. What if they put 93 octane in an e85 pump for some odd reason and ur running 93 octane instead of e85, the gauge doesn’t change any parameters in the tune just tells u the octane. Now if it adapted the tune different story but if ur tuned for e50 and u miscalculated or estimated what was in the tank and it came out e30 the gauge is reading, what do u do now?

I agree there is nothing the ecu will do to compensate but at least if i was able to see that say my mix was at e35 and i was running an e50 tune i could very carefully limp home and dump fuel or change tune files. Either way its not ideal and still a pain in the ass.

So many other cars have flex tunes available, its crazy no one has developed it for these raptors yet.

scantone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree there is nothing the ecu will do to compensate but at least if i was able to see that say my mix was at e35 and i was running an e50 tune i could very carefully limp home and dump fuel or change tune files. Either way its not ideal and still a pain in the ass.

So many other cars have flex tunes available, its crazy no one has developed it for these raptors yet.
Livernoismotorsports says their setup uses a flex fuel sensor.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey sorry for the late response. We have had Flex fuel for 2017 and newer F-150 3.5L Eco for over a year. Here is a link for the best way to do it https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP0118525

Give us a call this is the best way and have done this in our shops own truck on the 2017 and the 2019. It's true Flex Fuel. Ask for Jake.

Livernoismotorsports says their setup uses a flex fuel sensor.

We do not use a Flex fuel sensor.

But yes you can dump in any amount of 93 or E85 and the logic we developed can figure it out.

It works flawlessly

Thanks

LME

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its actually not. It also was never calibrated on ethanol. If it was as easy as making a 0 a 1 Ford would of done it if it was that easy.

Yes, you need to populate a few tables but it's not "developed logic," flex fuel is available in many ford applications, including F150's.

I will say that it is nice that you guys have aftermarket hardware (HPFP, etc) and sell programming to properly control that.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Highs

We actually custom operating systems on several vehicles. We're working on adding a decent bit of platforms shortly. The next one is going to be the SHO with flex fuel. We have been testing for some time .

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have ran the e30 blend tune and switched the tune to e50 and i honestly havent felt any power differernce, i dont know if thats because the small turbos are already maxxed out with e30 blend power or if the 20 percent more ethonal is just not as noticeable, i know for a fact though that going from 91 tune to e30 its a huge diffrence and feels like a rocket, but e50 might have gained some more power but it wasnt noticeable to me, so idk i may switch back to e30 tune and just run that. the flex kit sounds nice, but if the turbos are maxed out at even 50 percent ethonal then i would think there wouldnt be much of a power difference either, i can be wrong but from my experience when i was running stock turbos on the gtr, i had a tuner that gave me a tune to 24 psi and of course i was running bigger injecotrs and bigger pumps on full e85 , i could adjust the boost on the fly one psi at a time, so after 20 psi i noticed no power difference at all, so basically the stock turbos were maxxed out at 20 psi on the gtr, so i may have the same thing im running into now that the stock turbos are getting maxed out with e50 blend that im not feeling any difference from e30 blend

scantone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have ran the e30 blend tune and switched the tune to e50 and i honestly havent felt any power differernce, i dont know if thats because the small turbos are already maxxed out with e30 blend power or if the 20 percent more ethonal is just not as noticeable, i know for a fact though that going from 91 tune to e30 its a huge diffrence and feels like a rocket, but e50 might have gained some more power but it wasnt noticeable to me, so idk i may switch back to e30 tune and just run that. the flex kit sounds nice, but if the turbos are maxed out at even 50 percent ethonal then i would think there wouldnt be much of a power difference either, i can be wrong but from my experience when i was running stock turbos on the gtr, i had a tuner that gave me a tune to 24 psi and of course i was running bigger injecotrs and bigger pumps on full e85 , i could adjust the boost on the fly one psi at a time, so after 20 psi i noticed no power difference at all, so basically the stock turbos were maxxed out at 20 psi on the gtr, so i may have the same thing im running into now that the stock turbos are getting maxed out with e50 blend that im not feeling any difference from e30 blend
You might not feel a diffrence but keep an eye on your knock between the 2. I wonder if the motors happier on e50 than e30, I run the e50 and couldn't be happier except when flashing back to stock for dealer service!