GEN 2 Anyone do e85?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteWidow18

Reaction score
I would love to hear about your results. Can you feel a pretty good difference? Who's tune did you go with? Any fuel delivery modifications?
Thanks.

I ended up getting the MPT E50 Tune. I run 3/4 E85 & 1/4 93. The truck delivers a significant increase in power. No fuel delivery modifications. The F150 is able to take in up to 10% Ethanol content on stock fuel map. The MPT Ethanol Tune just turns up the fuel delivery. The truck can only take up to 50-65% ethanol content before the stock fuel injectors will be maxed out.

I just recently learned how this whole ethanol stuff works after completing a build on my GTR.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the reply. Was MPT able to just send the E50 tune or did you need to do a lot of data login to get it just right. I am running the PRX-91 now.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys if you want full e85 you need to make some modifications to your fuel system. But we can make these 3.5 ecoboost raptors run of straight e85 or any combo from there. You need to upgrade injectors use a high pressure fuel pump and a boost a pump. Let me know if you guys have any questions thank you my name is Jake

q80_w400_h_ex_q90_w680_h_17-19_F-150_RAPTOR_3-copy.jpg

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys if you want full e85 you need to make some modifications to your fuel system. But we can make these 3.5 ecoboost raptors run of straight e85 or any combo from there. You need to upgrade injectors use a high pressure fuel pump and a boost a pump. Let me know if you guys have any questions thank you my name is Jake

q80_w400_h_ex_q90_w680_h_17-19_F-150_RAPTOR_3-copy.jpg

how much would all this cost to run full e85? i run e30 blend and am very happy with the power results, i can only imagine the extra hp this would give

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting the MPT E50 Tune. I run 3/4 E85 & 1/4 93. The truck delivers a significant increase in power. No fuel delivery modifications. The F150 is able to take in up to 10% Ethanol content on stock fuel map. The MPT Ethanol Tune just turns up the fuel delivery. The truck can only take up to 50-65% ethanol content before the stock fuel injectors will be maxed out.

I just recently learned how this whole ethanol stuff works after completing a build on my GTR.

wow thanks for the info, so the mpt can give us a mpt e50 tune? so i would fill have tank of e85 and half tank of 91 if its 50 percent? i currently filled 20 to 22 of 91 and 10 to 12 gallons of e85 for thee30 blend since i have to fill the tank up twice anyway its been easy and convientent to do. knowing i can even do higher with no other mods thats really cool!

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes if you do not want to go full e85 no fuel mods are needed. Now I would have to get total price for you but most expensive part is the high pressure fuel pump which is 1600$ then injectors boost a pump fuel rail I would say 2500$ plus with shipping but would need to get more accurate price. Thanks guys

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes if you do not want to go full e85 no fuel mods are needed. Now I would have to get total price for you but most expensive part is the high pressure fuel pump which is 1600$ then injectors boost a pump fuel rail I would say 2500$ plus with shipping but would need to get more accurate price. Thanks guys

pretty price, the big question wouldd be would you still be able to fill 91 in places where you dont have e85? like a flex fuel kit i have on my other car, that allows me to use one or the other or mixed and it adjusts for whatever i have filled in the tank without doing anything. if its only for e85 setup than that def wouldnt work out for my use.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes our tune is a flex fuel tune. We understand e85 is not at every gas station. I love the option of my flex fuel tune. Thanks let me know what else I can help you out with

SlickTrick

Reaction score
I would bet ur bitch ass wouldn’t talk to me in person like this. I’m in Ny but willing to travel to bust ur ass in a race and in person. Let me know

Ur just mad because u can’t take a joke and got insecure because I assumed u weren’t datalogging then started listing your other cars and how many u have tuned, u just started being a **** from the get go.

Wow you are a tool.

LIRaptor

Reaction score
Are you guys testing the ethanol content prior to filling up and then testing again to make sure you are close to e50? Or are you guys just using a calculator foe the mix and just hoping its close?

I purchased an e50 tune and am looking to install an ethanol sensor so i can tie it to the ngauge for monitoring. Main concern would be that the e85 from the pump varies but i guess I could always just go a little over on the e85.