GEN 2 Anyone do e85?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen much talk about it but the performance gains are huge versus 91,, my questions are does mpt tune for e85 tunes for this truck? And what does the truck need to be able to run both 91 or e85 ?

The gtr needed bigger fuel pumps injectors, flex fuel kit and a custom tune on ecutek..the performance difference is wild so I would love to have it if it was possible to do without maxing out the stock engine internals like I have on the gtr that I finally bent my rod on after 5.5 years of fun lol. Time for a engine build

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run e48. Biggest limitations to straight e85 are the ITFP and the CDFP.

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a full tank of E85 in my tank, not having any issues....

Flex tune with HPTuners.

If you aren't datalogging you have no idea if its riding the knock sensor, pulling timing etc..........just because it isn't mis firing doesn't mean you aren't walking a fine line lol.

Did you also measure the E85 at the pump? If you didn't then you have no idea whats in your tank, you could be running E60 for all you know.

"I got a full tank of e85, nothing has blown up, everything is fine" lol......

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you aren't datalogging you have no idea if its riding the knock sensor, pulling timing etc..........just because it isn't mis firing doesn't mean you aren't walking a fine line lol.

Did you also measure the E85 at the pump? If you didn't then you have no idea whats in your tank, you could be running E60 for all you know.

"I got a full tank of e85, nothing has blown up, everything is fine" lol......

gosh, thanks for the advice. considering I have tuned 16 Gen2 Raptors, I don't know how many Gen1's, 25 Mustangs give or take, about 80 Corvettes, 20 Camaros, and over 100 GM trucks, have run a Super Stock NHRA/IHRA car for 23 years and had a career in the auto industry for the last 27.....hopefully I am datalogging. lol.

Oh yeah, my 2017 C7Z06 with a Whipple and port injection with flex fuel on E85.....i dont datalog that one either......lol.

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d love to drag ur ass with my 1300 whp Porsche turbo that weighs 3k, but what do I know.

gosh, thanks for the advice. considering I have tuned 16 Gen2 Raptors, I don't know how many Gen1's, 25 Mustangs give or take, about 80 Corvettes, 20 Camaros, and over 100 GM trucks, have run a Super Stock NHRA/IHRA car for 23 years and had a career in the auto industry for the last 27.....hopefully I am datalogging. lol.

Oh yeah, my 2017 C7Z06 with a Whipple and port injection with flex fuel on E85.....i dont datalog that one either......lol.

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw the R8 will have a twin turbo soon too so maybe we can trailer halfway and I can shut ur ass up for “trying” to act too cool for school lmao......