Anyone Cross Shop a Super Duty & Raptor???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 11-14 6.7's have dual cold side inlets, one of them being oval. But the outlet from the compressor to the charge air cooler, and the charge air cooler to the intake throttle are all conventional parts. 15-up is almost identical to a 6.0L, a single stage, VGT GT37.

northerner77

Reaction score
I am still wrestling with this decision right now. I drive about 20k miles a year and am looking for my truck to last as I don’t jump from vehicle to vehicle very often. I have been reading on this forum like crazy and still haven’t decided yet.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am still wrestling with this decision right now. I drive about 20k miles a year and am looking for my truck to last as I don’t jump from vehicle to vehicle very often. I have been reading on this forum like crazy and still haven’t decided yet.

If it helps you with your decision, I drive about the same and made the swap over from a 2015 F250 to a 2018 Raptor a year ago. Both have their pros and cons. All depends on what you really want. I used my F250 to pull heavy loads and just ended up getting another work truck for that since it isn't very often anymore. The Raptor is great for daily driving both on road and lease roads. Ride is much more forgiving offroad than the F250 and I can actually drive in traffic with the Raptor. Parking is still an issue for me since I have mine lifted and with a wider stance. Still can't fit in parking garages and small parking spaces. I have no regrets in making the swap other than having to refuel once of twice a week, my F250 had the larger tanks and I could go a couple of weeks without refueling during a normal month.

OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it helps you with your decision, I drive about the same and made the swap over from a 2015 F250 to a 2018 Raptor a year ago. Both have their pros and cons. All depends on what you really want. I used my F250 to pull heavy loads and just ended up getting another work truck for that since it isn't very often anymore. The Raptor is great for daily driving both on road and lease roads. Ride is much more forgiving offroad than the F250 and I can actually drive in traffic with the Raptor. Parking is still an issue for me since I have mine lifted and with a wider stance. Still can't fit in parking garages and small parking spaces. I have no regrets in making the swap other than having to refuel once of twice a week, my F250 had the larger tanks and I could go a couple of weeks without refueling during a normal month.

Great to hear your perspective and further helps me in backing my decision!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
an F-250 is the most expensive Raptor mod that I'm aware of.

Once you get to a certain point, you buy an F-250 and a trailer to haul your Raptor to the playground.

5150fear

Reaction score
A little late to the thread but figured I would give you some input. I’ve had my 17 f250 a little over a year now bought brand new. This was my dream truck long bed 4 door and am looking to trade to a raptor now for a few reasons. I daily my truck and parking is a big issue pretty much have to back in to any space or hit a pull through out in the boonies. Don’t do long enough trips to justify the def system and don’t want to delet it and loose the warranty. Had great plans to tow that just are not in life’s plans as of yet. So stick with the truck that makes you happy 99% of the time and will get you through the once a month towing and keep the smiles on!

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slightly different perspective from me. I have a 2006 F250 SCREW short bed that has been bulletproofed and is in perfect shape. It's only got 125K on the odometer. The 6.0 is a crude motor relative to the new 6.7 but putting that aside, there is such a big difference in overall size and feel. The F250 is work for me to drive in SoCal. The Raptor is 100 times easier. I do tow a 7000 lb boat, which is why I bought the F250. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Raptor handles this. One thing to consider is maintenance. The big Diesels are very expensive to do maintenance and when things go wrong it is much more to fix than when the same goes wrong on a F150. I would say think of the F250 as a work truck where the Raptor is an all around great truck that can do some work on the side.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

With everything you've said, definitely go with the diesel. With that many miles, the diesel will make it up in performance, reliability, towing, and resale.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had both a 2011 Raptor and 2016 powerstroke F350 dually at the same time. I currently have an 18 Raptor. The Raptor and F350 are both A class trucks but are hardly interchangeable. They are not comparable IMO as one is an offroad street legal truck and the other is a work horse hauler. They both do what they do better than anything else out there, but can not do what each other does at all. Based on your details, it sounds like an F250/F350 is what you are looking for. Regards.