Another NY Rapta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evo Raptor

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to say. Waaaaaas uuuuuuuup. Haha.

I am the proud excited new owner of a 14' White S-crew with graphics and beadlock ready wheels. I picked it up last wen evening and been on cloud 9 ever since. I love this truck. So much I talk to it. I traded in my 08 Evo GSR and it was tough to let go. Real tough. Forgot about that as soon as I drove off the lot. Did I say I love this thing, lol. I got it a few g's under msrp pretty much fully loaded. So many features to figure out! Dealer didn't want to let it go but I wasn't leaving without it. Took about 5 hours but they cracked eventually. I knew they were going to be receiving one and put a deposit on it before it was even on the lot. I wanted white. Not many left out there in the NE.

Grew up in Queens, Ny and moved to the Rochester area (40 miles south roughly) 3 years ago this coming august. Best move I ever made. I'm at peace up here. So much to do and no stupid city laws. I can actually live my life and shoot guns. Can't do that down in the prison.

Anyways I just made my first 2 little mods. Got a stubby antenna, and a fumoto valve setup. Plan to do my own oil. Makes it much easier.

Only thing that worries me is all the salt on the roads up here. Want to protect my baby. Plan on having this truck a long time. Prob get the front clip clear bra'd. the rear fender wells I assume should be protected better. Looking to get them line-x'ed. And also have the oil analyzed at blackstone labs ever oil change.

Figure after protection, tints and motor break-in most likely be getting an intake, programmer and exhaust next summer. Let her breakin a while before I tear apart a new truck.

Looking forward to reading all about it here and learning this new platform. Been modding my own cars since my first talon back in the late 90's. Peace everyone.

-Chris.

OP
OP
E

Evo Raptor

Reaction score
Cool man. 1.5 to Lockport.

Any recommendations as far as preparing for the salt? Brutal up here. Like acid. Specially this past winter. Curious what you've done if anything. Thanks.