Another NY Rapta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, from Buffalo, NY here (Alden to be exact)...have a few friends in Rochester.
Great color choice :waytogo:

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Rochester Evo. I would suggesting using clear 3m on the shocks. They will corrode quickly with all of the salt. I just spent a half day cleaning mine from last year and decided to throw on the 3m for this next winter.

OP
OP
E

Evo Raptor

Reaction score
Welcome from Rochester Evo. I would suggesting using clear 3m on the shocks. They will corrode quickly with all of the salt. I just spent a half day cleaning mine from last year and decided to throw on the 3m for this next winter.

Thanks for the replies. Really appreciated.

As far as wrapping the shocks, what should I tell my boy to do to the shocks. He installs paint protection in Nj. Have had all my car done by him. Now that I moved ill still drive 5 hours for his work. It's that good. Only person in the world I can hand over the keys and not worry one bit.

Should I tell him to wrap the bodies from the spring perch down as best as possible? Thanks for any info. I have to get this truck ready for winter. Actually I told the dealer if you prep the truck as far as washing and waxing I don't want it. Dealers think they know how to detail a car but actually do more damage to the paint. Well they really didn't do anything. Lol. Plastic still on shock bodies. Needs to be done better though.

-Chris

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

The rears look like they can be wrapped up pretty good. Fronts really only perch down and not much surface area that can be wrapped. Unless you mean clear 3m spray or something.

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Fellow New Yorker from the Long Island area. Hope to see you around at some events and meet ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

Evo Raptor

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeh man. I still come down couple a couple times a year for work or to see the fam. I see you guys have some meets in li. That's cool..glad there's a big following with these trucks. Pretty cool.