Another help me pick Exhaust thread Sorry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctozzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read tons of threads, and listened to all the youtube clips but nothing really gives me the answer I'm looking for.

I'm looking to upgrade the throaty nature of my 6.2L with ZERO to absolute minimal drone in the cabin. I use the truck daily for work and am on the phone all day long. I have seen the Roush and I don't care for the rear exit. So anyone who has tried all the typical exhausts please chime in with your recommendations please. I'm looking at everything from a simple muffler to catbacks. Should I just stay with the Stock setup ?

Thanks
Chris

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
so you want to hear the truck but when your driving you dont want to hear the truck???

Try just removing the stock resonator before the muffler.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Not entirely sure this magical system exists. I concur with removing the resonator to start.

Other than that you may be limited on how much louder it'll be because loud means drone.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well for the least drone I suggest the Corsa. For beast mode i suggest a magna pack or SW

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow...great price, easy install and no drone and the tips look great almost resemble the Borla...

OP
OP
ctozzi

ctozzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I do realize that an " upgrade " results in noise, which I'm looking for. What I don't want is to have my 65yr old parents in the back on a road trip and them saying " god this loud noise is giving us a headache". Other than that i'm game.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Magnaflow...great price, easy install and no drone and the tips look great almost resemble the Borla...

The # 15588 sounds great but the price is just about as $$ as Borla. Am I missing a dealer that sells a lot less than $ 700's ? Seems awfully high, I was hoping the MBRP over axle was good with no drone and save a few hundred.