Another Blow to the Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Speaking of TRXs. What does this mean for the 2024 TRX? And why would Ford release an R, with an ICE, when it's main competitor may be an EV?
Interesting on the date being 2023 and not post 2024

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score

Speaking of TRXs. What does this mean for the 2024 TRX? And why would Ford release an R, with an ICE, when it's main competitor may be an EV?
Dodge is pushing the Hellcat pretty hard right now (look at Dodge Garage and the whole 25/8 thing). Pretty much everybody knows the Hellcat days are numbered because of fuel economy and the push for electric vehicles. It means I’ll enjoy my TRX while I can, and I’ll be waiting to see what Ford does regarding the Raptor R.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
EXO off-road has recently said the gen3 raptor is close to the point to where it needs to be caged to be safe for off-road. anyone can tune a hellcat engine for big horsepower. that not what raptors are about. nobody is gonna care except the drag guys

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
EXO off-road has recently said the gen3 raptor is close to the point to where it needs to be caged to be safe for off-road. anyone can tune a hellcat engine for big horsepower. that not what raptors are about. nobody is gonna care except the drag guys
That's why it would be awesome if Ford made the R a full-on off-road truck, not street legal. That could be very cool. Caged, mid-travel at least, fuel cell, great lights, nice bumpers, they could really go to town if it was a pure toy. It's stupid to try to beat RAM at their own game. They can't win that one.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
they better enlarge the gas tank on the TRX
This to me would be the biggest benefit to the TRX. A 33 gallon take that at best is seeing 12.5mpg sure doesn’t go far. 40 gallons would be a nice upgrade. The biggest thing I miss from my Raptor was going between 450 and 500 miles on a tank that was mostly in town driving.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think it's great. Everyone going the direction of EV, hybrid, etc. I like the fact that there's still an American car company out there that just wants a big motor for the sake of having a big motor. That's old school hot-rodding. Doing stuff just because you can. Kudos to them. There's an ass for every seat and they'll sell well. And hopefully Ford remembers that people who buy their trucks are still gear heads and like horsepower, too.

And yes, I'm well aware of the Hellcat motors ending after the 2023 MY as referenced above. Damn shame. Why can't we have peak internal combustion engine along with upgraded hybrids and EVs? The two aren't mutually exclusive. Except you know...government intervention.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This to me would be the biggest benefit to the TRX. A 33 gallon take that at best is seeing 12.5mpg sure doesn’t go far. 40 gallons would be a nice upgrade. The biggest thing I miss from my Raptor was going between 450 and 500 miles on a tank that was mostly in town driving.
I fill my Raptor up often, even if I've only done 100 miles, because I fill up at Costco where premium, even now with high prices, is 3.79 and around me it's up to 4.79 and more. The other day I filled my wife's Cayenne GTS, was only half empty, took about 10 gallons. That fill was nearby, not Costco. Pissed me of that it cost 10 bucks more than same fill at Costco.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's great. Everyone going the direction of EV, hybrid, etc. I like the fact that there's still an American car company out there that just wants a big motor for the sake of having a big motor. That's old school hot-rodding. Doing stuff just because you can. Kudos to them. There's an *** for every seat and they'll sell well. And hopefully Ford remembers that people who buy their trucks are still gear heads and like horsepower, too.

And yes, I'm well aware of the Hellcat motors ending after the 2023 MY as referenced above. Damn shame. Why can't we have peak internal combustion engine along with upgraded hybrids and EVs? The two aren't mutually exclusive. Except you know...government intervention.
Exactly. Let's go Brandon!