Another Blow to the Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's why it would be awesome if Ford made the R a full-on off-road truck, not street legal. That could be very cool. Caged, mid-travel at least, fuel cell, great lights, nice bumpers, they could really go to town if it was a pure toy. It's stupid to try to beat RAM at their own game. They can't win that one.
i mean just check out the ford bronco offroader... 250 k for it.... thats what it would likely turn into where very dew could even afford it let alone access it

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i mean just check out the ford bronco offroader... 250 k for it.... thats what it would likely turn into where very dew could even afford it let alone access it
Exactly what I have been saying. The Bronco off-road only V8 set the precedent here. Don’t forget that Ford overshared on the gen 3 Raptor release by saying the Raptor R would be off-road only. Ford had to walk that back because too many got mad. However, that seems to be fords plan now. They won’t compete with the TRX. Seems like an odd way to market stuff. I don’t see the Ford thought process really working out long term. They are too far in bed with biden policy. It’s quite evident that they want to defeat ICE, and they are paying biden to do it.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pointless. If you want to drag race just buy a hellcat, GT500 or GTR.
The GT500 is such a Swiss army knife. Fantastic track car or incredibly easy to adjust to a drag car. On top of that it drives like a dream in regular world driving.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s quite evident that they want to defeat ICE, and they are paying biden to do it.
I think that's too much of a stretch. I do think they see the ICE being taxed and regulated into a tiny share of the market. So what to do? Go into denial and double down on blown V8s? Or drive your tech as hard as possible in the direction you see the market heading? It ain't rocket surgery. As to paying Biden? They are absolutely doing that. And they give to the other party as well. Why? The mafia calls it protection money. Here in free America, we call it political contribution. SSDD